Purpose of the role:
Develops, uses, adapts, configures, tests and updates applications (ex: QA Compliance Suite) used by Group Data Centre.
Develops and coordinates scripts/software for extending the functionality of IT solutions or for automating the recurring activities. within Group Data Centre.
Ensure that GDC infrastructure, application and service components are operated in accordance with Operational Requirements during their complete lifecycle through the periodical examination of components, processes and procedures
Manages operational requirements by developing and maintaining processes and procedures with a periodical review
This role will also work on process and performance reporting and drives process improvements for the Operational Compliance service acceptance process. The OC Specialist will contribute and support global project initiatives like SOX, PCI and ISO certifications and drive the further standardization of operational standards.
Ensures, in conformity with operational, architectural and security standards, service acceptance for all the IT infrastructure components and for all the nontechnical components (SLA, CMDB, etc.) necessary for implementing new services or for services decommissioning.
Tracks changes in the technological environment, applies the Group Data Centre standards and tests new technologies/updates from the operational, architectural and security environments, in order to implement them as new Operational Compliance standards which will ensure that the most recent and efficient available standards are applied.
This role will need to understand business requirements and translate them into operational requirements for the tool implementation. Application Integration (interfaces) are key for the overall tool development and require regular exchanges with various stakeholders inside an international telecom company (. Security, Server Mgmt, Database Mgmt, Backup, Monitoring).
Ensures support for service acceptance for projects at high quality and efficiency standards and provides consulting activities to customers.
Ensures a continuous and efficient operation from the cost effective point of view for all IT Services through an improvement process (CSI/ Perform Operational Compliance).
Analyses uncovered faults with the purpose of improving internal processes and daily activities (reporting of faults/inconsistencies/inefficiencies).
- Develops, uses, adapts, configures, tests and updates applications used by Group Data Centre.
- Ensures the availability (SLA) of all infrastructure services which have passed service acceptance and have been taken over by “Operations”;
- Develops and coordinates scripts development/software development
- Ensure that GDC infrastructure, application and service components are operated in accordance with Operational Requirements during their complete lifecycle through the periodical examination of components, processes and procedures
- Provides active support and work with other IT teams within the telecom company for delivering of new software products intervening in the chain of new product development (design, software development, software installation, software testing).
- Administers resources which are utilized by the OC process and modifies/improves the specific tools;
- Contributes to performance improvement of specific OC processes/tools.
- Identifies and documents faults and errors during the service acceptance;
- Ensures a continuous and cost effective operation of all IT infrastructure services through an improvement process (CSI/Perform Operational Compliance).
- Adapts testing/catalogue scenarios in order to align with the telecom company GDC standards and procedures;
- Analyses uncovered faults with the purpose of improving internal processes and daily activities (reporting of faults/inconsistencies/inefficiencies);
- Coordinates all involved parties with the purpose of fixing faults and review the tests results while sustaining their correction;
- Sustains improvement activities and contributes to the standardization of operational processes.
- Ensures that company policies and standards are applied and respected for systems which are involved in the team’s support;
- Grants "Infrastructure GoLive" /"Infrastructure Decom" compliance after the Service Acceptance process has been successfully passed;
- Performs logical auditing (. SOX activities);
- Analyses project specific requirements/details, creates new entries in specific OC service acceptance and performs tests;
- Monitors and controls daily acceptance activities and analyses “special” OC service acceptance requests (critical migrations, nonstandard requests, introduction of new infrastructure environments);
- Sustains global project initiatives such as SOX, PCI and ISO certifications, contributing to the standardization of operational processes.
Competences, knowledge and experience:
- More than 5 years’ experience in administering IT infrastructures
- Advance knowledge of IT office systems (hardware and software)
- Solid knowledge in documentation
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Well organized and rigorous
- Experience in project management
- Efficient management of multiple requests; result base oriented
- Ability to work in dispersed teams and remotely
- Customer oriented; ability to positively influence the customer experience
- English language (written and spoken) - fluently
Necessary technical/professional certifications:
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Webservices (REST, SOAP)
- Knowledge of Linux,Solaris, HP-UX, AIX
- Knowledge of Windows ServerMicrosoft Cluster
- Knowledge of Veritas Cluster, Legato Networker, VMware
- Knowledge of Vsphere, ESX
- Knowledge of ITILv3
- Very good knowledge of SOX principles
-Excellent opportunities for learning and international exposure;
-Exciting new career in a dynamic, growing organization;
-Professional and friendly working environment;