Working Student Software Developer for IIC (Iasi)
With sales of €44 billion in, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 238k employees in 61 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 46k people worldwide and generated sales of €9. 3 billion in 2017.
What is your plan to gain more knowledge about connected car? Infotainment & Connectivity intuitively responds to the human-machine dialogue with focused and clear information to stre ngthen the driver’s trust in the vehicle’s individual functions. Smartly designed to integrate the big flow of data from the environment, the driver receives those reliable information that ensures he will have the constant control of the situation. Just imagine what an advantage is to have better signal quality, to know the road conditions ahead of time or have alternative routes based on the input received from the car.
As a working student software developer in our team you are expected to contribute in one of the following projects:
- Smart Telematics software solutions to enable Always On connectivity.
- The Intelligent Antenna Module representing the central access points to receive and share information with other cars, smartphones, cellular networks, satellite navigation or radio broadcasts.
- Multimedia systems turn the car into a real digital companion by combining multiple types of communication, always connected, user-friendly, comfortable and intelligent.
We will support your passion and involvement, so we encourage you to:
- Dare and bring your contribution to the development of future connected cars;
- Be ready and implement software in cross-domain project teams at international level;
- Walk through each SW development phase (specifications, design, code, tests and validations);
- Work in Agile teams within an environment safe to learn and improve;
- Collaborate with our architects, experienced developers and integration & testing teams;
A mentor will support you during the entire internship period. Studies are important, so a flexible schedule can be negotiated with your mentor in order to adjust the working hours from university.
- Familiar with OOP principles & programming skills in either one or more object-oriented languages;
- Support you passion through new technical knowledge in "how things work" and "how to create things that work";
- Eager to learn fast, to increase technical knowledge in a friendly & young environment;
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Good English skills that will take you from “let’s do it” to “it’s great”.
If the above descriptions suits you, we will certainly like to meet you!
What we offer:
- Motivating Salary (upon performance & involvement);
- Health & Wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
- A flexible schedule to balance school with practice
- A mentor for the integration period
The Recruitment process consists in a technical & HR discussion in order to assess how we will work together and your fit to one of our projects. You will receive an answer, no matter our feedback. Great to be meeting you!
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.