With 15 million customers, 1&1 is one of the world’s leading web hosting and internet service providers, serving both private and commercial users. The company offers a wide product range, from hosting and domains to dedicated and cloud servers, e-mail and e-commerce solutions.
The technology hub in Romania is the second largest software development center of the 1&1 Group and strives to offer own innovative products for millions of customers worldwide, plus high quality maintenance and dynamic enhancements for our software.
In order to continue our success story, we need enthusiastic people, ready to take part in shaping the internet along with us.
We are looking for a highly motivated student at a technical university, very interested in developing his technical skills and understanding of a complex organizational way of working.
• Basic knowledge Java programming language
• Basic knowledge of Databases
• Great communication and collaboration skills
• Proficiency in English
Develop your technical knowledge by helping the team with day to day activities such as software development and automation tasks!
In this role, you will:
• Gain hands-on experience with Java 8 and related technologies
• Understand how the whole Spring Stack framework works and how to use it to build web applications
• Understand the infrastructure of a micro-service oriented setup
• Experience first-hand what it means to cater to a software deliverable from its design all the way to production release and live maintenance
• Implement automated tests and contribute to increasing the quality of the product
• Evolve your software development skills far beyond the coding level, also diving into security concerns, scalability, usability and other cross-cutting aspects
Would be a plus:
• Previous experience in a connected field
• Previous experience of working on a large, team project, where separation of roles and responsibilities was needed
• Previous experience or projects developed with Java, Spring, Angular JS
This is a paid internship for a period of 6 months, with extension possibility.