Windows System Administrator
Visma offers software and services that simplify and digitize core business processes in the private and public sector. The group operates across the entire Nordic region along with Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe. With over 11K employees, more than one million customers and net revenue of €1, 526million in2019, Visma is one of Europe’s leading software companies.
About the job
Visma IT & Communications is looking for a passionate operational engineer/System administrator for Windows Area with the ability to work on call.
You must have a drive to develop high quality processes that will run in an unusually complex technical environment. You will be a member of Operations Center., where your skills and contributions to manage our SaaS solutions and supporting tools will be very visible. You must love to help team members and to receive help from them. The team is international so you will use English both written and orally. If the descriptions above fit you, and you can check several of the following bullets, Visma IT & Communications can offer you a very interesting work and very competitive terms.
Your skills, experience and abilities:
* English proficiency
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work on call
* Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 3 years relevant work experience).
* Superior analytical and problem solving skills
* Commitment to quality with a passion for testing
* Strong ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams
* Experience in testing, releasing and maintaining web based solutions on Windows technology stack
* Enjoys figuring out how to make systems fail in ways that help engineers improve their designs.
* Ability to prioritize and gauge tests for maximum safety and improvement gains. Careful and detailed approach to safety-related testing and documentation.
* Excellent software engineering fundamentals.
* Windows Server OS experience.
* SQL experience
* Understanding and usage of IT tools such as SCOM, SCCM, Octopus Deploy, PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) - an advantage
* PowerShell, Perl, Python, Ruby Scripting - an advantage
* Operational experience, mainly Web based application
* Experience with business software (ERP, CRM) - an advantage
* Experience on PaaS and IaaS on public clouds (AWS, Azurean advantage
* Experience in working with hypervisors - an advantage
* Surveillance monitoring
* Take release packages from engineering and integrate it into our production and pre-production environments
* Install, configure, test and patch operating systems and middleware, including security packages
* Work with different internal teams to understand product domains and address documentation/training needs
* Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly maintainable
* Participate insupport for production issues and upgrades, and pre-production installations at varying levels
* Monitor services that are provided to customers
* Work to resolve a running queue of application support tickets and debug complex problems as they arise
IT service delivery in the digital age means rapid growth and major changes as emerging technologies introduce paradigm shifts. Cloud service delivery is the next major driver. Success in changing environments requires the ability to innovate, design and deliver while providing
steady and secure IT deliveries.
In addition to providing IT services to our customer portfolio, Visma IT provides all Visma business units with the tools and infrastructure they need to deliver state-of-the-art solutions and services to their customers. By giving employees access to the right technology, we ensure quality at all stages of the customer journey. We also provide data storage in on-premise environments, in hosting environments and in the cloud, both public and private.
Our international teams base their work on an extensive knowledge of IT service delivery in both on-premise environments and the public and private cloud. Security is our number one priority, and to ensure that we comply with all laws and regulations, we are ISO certified in the areas of security, quality, project management and IT service delivery.
What Visma offers:
We offer an exciting position in an international working environment where you will be part of a dynamic and highly skilled international team. You will have good opportunities for career development through internal training and diverse work assignments in a prominent international company. We offer competitive terms and conditions.