Adresa/ adresele jobului
Qiagen Romania is a group of creative, energetic people helping life science researchers understand the biological mechanisms that cause human disease.
Our interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial team of researchers, scientists and semantic technologists built an industry-leading technology platform. We have used this technology to develop industry-leading analytic solutions for the life sciences and healthcare markets. We are passionate about our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for talented and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. Qiagen Romania offers a professional work environment, valuing work-life balance.
You must have a demonstrable ability to:
- Apply user centric design principles and develop quick prototypes for high scale web-based applications with a focus on the front end
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new UI features including visualization aspects and server interfaces/contracts.
- Document design and architecture, perform code reviews, and write unit and integration tests
- Work closely with other team members to define and develop solutions to customer problems
- Refactor and contribute to the overall improvement of the Ingenuity application architecture
- Hands on trouble shooting of performance and production issues
- Write clean, modular, robust code to implement the desired requirements with little or no supervision
- Participate in continually improving software development processes and practices
- 3+ years professional web development experience
- Strong attention to detail and visual design -- please expect to show your portfolio
- Strong in object oriented design, design patterns (MVC) and writing modular code
- Experience in rich client experience with JS app and visualization frameworks, like : Ember JS, Angular, Backbone, D3
- Experience in unit testing front end code and performance tuning (both front-end and back-end)
- Experience with Java Web frameworks and presentation layer like: jsp, jsf, html, velocity
- Extensive use of APIs and a strong understanding of HTTP and REST architecture
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- Knowledge of and experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and object-oriented programming skills
- Self-starter and always looking to improve technically and personally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and time management abilities
Join us and let's work together!
More info about us, you can find at