Ubisoft is looking for an Intermediate Web Developer for joining our GoWeb team and work on a project with impact on Ubisoft internal processes.
The GoWeb team works on online services with a focus on Ubisoft Bucharest QC needs. Our mission is to promote professionalization of work in QC via our efficient, fast, reliable and secure web applications. We work with an Agile and service oriented mindset.
You will be working in a fast paced international environment and gain invaluable knowledge and expertise along the way.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best development practices
- Create website layouts and user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Manage time effectively establishing responsible deadlines and personal work plans
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used
- Debug and correct issues found by testers or peers in a very efficient way
- Offer good technical solutions in his area of expertise
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PHP
- Good knowledge of MVC architecture (preferably Laravel)
- Able to write clean object-oriented PHP code while following best development practices
- Able to efficiently debug code and correct issues
- Intermediate knowledge of MySQL databases
- Able to understand and write complex MySQL queries
- Able to create and manage properly indexed, normalized relational databases
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5 markup and CSS
- Able to write W3C compliant HTML5
- Able to use front-end CSS frameworks effectively (bootstrap or similar frameworks)
- Able to create a clean and user-friendly interface
- Able to create a highly responsive interface and provide dynamic functionality to web applications
- Able to learn and efficiently use Jquery plugins
- Knowledge of a versioning control system (preferably Git) is a plus
- Willingness to learn new things constantly
- Autonomous, having a high level of ownership (little to no micromanagement)
- Enthusiastic and eager to take on new challenges
- Team player
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.
About the company:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1400 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!