With sales of €34. 5 billion in, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently has approximately 200k employees in 53 countries. The Chassis & Safety Division develops and produces electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems, sensors, driver assistance systems, air bag control systems, washer systems and electronic air suspension systems. Its core competence is the integration of active and passive driving safety into ContiGuard®.
Software Developer for Motor Control (Iasi)
The Software Developer position is open in the Chassis and Safety Division in Iasi.
Within Chassis & Safety Division your engineering skills can make a difference in the development of exciting new automotive products and technologies. Chassis and Safety Division in Iasi contributes to the Continental Automotive research and development effort over tree main branches:
• Systems and Technology where tomorrow’s Chassis and Safety products are foreseen and integrated into highly automated vehicle driving functionalities
• Vehicle Dynamics Business Unit provides highly advanced braking technologies for all vehicle types, usable in vehicle ranging from small cars right to transportation vehicles.
• Steering Segment, modern Electric Power Steering systems are developed, making the driving experience for the driver safer and at the same time, reducing the fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
• Passive Safety and Sensorics concentrates in Iasi in developing a state of the art active body roll stabilization system that reduces the body roll of the vehicle and enhances the lateral vehicle stability when cornering.
• Advanced Driver Assistance Systems is providing both sensors (from simple ultrasonic parking sensors to radars and advanced stereo or surround view cameras) and computation platforms for running safety, maneuvering and cruising functionalities.
As a Software Developer in our Motor Control team, you will:
• bring your own ideas and contribution to the development of innovative brake systems;
• develop algorithms for motor control in safety relevant products;
• develop embedded software in interdisciplinary project teams at international level;
• follow company standards applicable in all SW development phases (requirements, specifications, code, tests, validations);
• cooperate with international development teams and synchronize with our internal customers.
Most of the software development for this specific position is done in ANSI C. Knowledge of Matlab/Simulik is appreciated, but is not a must.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
• University degree in a relevant field (. Automatic Control and Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunication, etc.).
• Programming skills in one of the following language: ANSI C, Matlab.
• Knowledge of Simulink modeling is highly appreciated.
• Knowledge of control engineering and/or motor control are highly appreciated.
• Knowledge of electronics (for using measurement equipment) and embedded systems is appreciated.
• Good writing, reading and speaking English skills.
What we offer
- Integration Program in a Professional, Young & Dynamic Team;
- Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
- Professional Development Opportunities;
- Health & Wellness;
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.