Kimball Electronics Group
Kimball Electronics is a global contract electronic manufacturing services (EMS) company that specializes in durable electronics for the medical, automotive, industrial and public safety markets. Kimball Electronics is well recognized by customers and industry trade publications for its excellent quality, reliability and innovative service. From its manufacturing operations in Mexico, Thailand, Poland, Romania and China, Kimball Electronics provides engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain services which utilize common production and support capabilities to a variety of industries globally. Kimball Electronics is headquartered in Jasper, Indiana.
Kimball Electronics Romania
With the start year in,Kimball Electronics Romania is now a running functional business in Timisoara and is a promising competitor in the EMS industry: the greenfield investment is finalized, the core team is onboard and active, and the new equipment purchased is now part of a full and functional production line that is fulfilling confirmed volumes to our customers. KERO celebrated +350 employees and we think that Kimball Electronics, due to a global work culture that thrives off the philosophies that make up our Guiding Principles, is a very attractive employer.
We invite you to go through the role description below and see if it matches your interests.
Test Engineer is responsible for development, support, and continuous improvement of functional testers from all aspects including electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical automation, platform, fixturing, software, ergonomics, safety, and serviceability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand and be able to quote test at PCBA through final system test and ATO/CTO levels, including proper apportioning of system level test costs to options/classes and FRUs.
- Develop manufacturing test specifications, test procedures, and test strategies.
- Develop and implement production automated unit level tests and system level functional tests.
- Responds to technical test and product issues which may occur in production.
- Design in and continuously improve tester and test process RAS (reliability, availability, serviceability) and safety.
- Collect and review test/yield data to continuously improve test processes, test coverage, and fault isolation algorithms.
- Perform design for testability analysis on PCBAs and system level assemblies.
- Coordinate test development projects with test equipment suppliers.
- A member of a new product introduction project team who will be responsible for launching a functional test solution for the project.
- Provide leadership to test technicians and operators
- Assist test technician with understanding of test systems and test software.
- Highly innovative
- University degree and Technical Trainings
- + 3 years experience in EMS and Testing
- Strong Lean Six Sigma knowledge and demonstrated track record of success
- Understands DFM, DFT, and DFA
-Previous AOI experience it is a big plus
- Experience in testing and debugging PCBA assemblies and systems
- Experience with C/C++/Visual Basic, NI LabView, and NI LabWindows/CVI.
- Experience with mechanical test fixturing.
- Ability to Quickly Diagnosis, Correct or Modify functional test programs.
- Working knowledge of XML files, test databases, data collection methodology, and database schema construction.
- Experience with manufacturing and test traceability systems.
- Ability to translate theory into practice
- Must have the capability to translate technical language to operator digestible information
- Ability to write clear and concise procedure and instructions
- Ability to work with other teams and team members
- Training and mentoring ability and desire
- “Can do “ attitude
- Customer Focused
- Inspire confidence in our test department to our customers and prospective customers
Kimball Electronics is an equal opportunity employer and gives fair chances to all candidates to the role of interest. Under no circumstances, Kimball Electronics will permit any act of discrimination and lack of dignity in relationship with a candidates. Kimball Electronics will assure a proper recruitment process based on professional competencies and roles and responsibilities of the open job.
Please take kindly notice that only selected candidates will be contacted for further selection stages in any recruitment process. We would like to thank you in advance for understanding this matter!