Acest job nu mai este activ.
We’re looking for a qualified professional with an inherent ability to understand how software works and the skill set to translate technical jargon into human-readable language. The technical writer will work in a fast-paced, Agile environment, with the product management, development, testing, and support teams to maintain and improve the Avangate Knowledge Base, while also contributing with various types of feedback to the further development of our ecommerce platform.
The responsibilities of the technical writer will include the following:
- Support platform releases with new feature documentation: user guides, tutorials, and technical help documents.
- Update existing documentation, while ensuring information architecture and presentation consistency.
- Maintain a working relationship with subject matter experts across other Avangate teams (developers, testers, support agents, sales representatives).
- Comply with all quality standards and procedures, consistently deliver results per project plans and deadlines, and proactively seek out and execute process improvements to deliver excellent customer documentation.
- Ensures the most important attributes of quality documentation: accuracy, thoroughness, readability (. not ambiguous, easy to understand), usefulness, consistency, and organization.
- Understands the demands of changing technology, relates to clients and customers, and easily adjusts to both the technical and the business-specific jargon.
- Work with external translation agencies to ensure the localization process of the platform.
We’d love to get in touch if your skill set includes the following:
- You possess relevant writing experience with a strong technical background.
- You have an excellent command of the English language.
- Turning complex technical concepts into concise, understandable end-user documentation has become second nature to you.
- You are familiar with technical jargon and/or can easily adapt and understand software-specific terminology.
- You have completed multiple complex technical documentation projects.
- You can juggle and track multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are aware of trends and best practices in the technical communication field (videos, demos, trainings, social media, blog posts).
- Knowledge of, or experience with, complex web applications or the ecommerce industry is a big plus.
- Experience with web APIs across multiple protocols (JSON-RPC, SOAP, REST) is preferred.
- Experience with screen capturing and interactive demos is a plus.
- You have a knack for visually communicating complex procedures, products and concepts.
- Young, dynamic team and international work environment
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible business hours
- Paid lunch everyday with your colleagues
- Private medical subscription
- Gym subscription discount of 50%
- Fruits at the office