Our mission is to help people integrate technology into everyday life and to enable innovation through technology.
We offer software development and infrastructure solutions for customers from all over the world, customers for which we are availableIT Infrastructure is today for a company like 'water from the tap' or 'power from the mains'. You come to Cegeka in a very exciting world of rapidly evolving technologies, where Machine Learning, Automation, Self-Healing Systems, Cloud Services and DevOps are some examples.
Our infrastructure engineers quickly develop into T-profiles, where they can build up technological knowledge in the breadth of the infrastructure spectrum. The role of engineer evolves very quickly, which means we offer people the best working environment in order to achieve the best results.
We love entrepreneurial spirits and encourage people around us to be proactive and make the best decisions not only for business, but for their own personal development. The engineer who was still a 'pure technology specialist' yesterday is now an enthusiastic, positive professional and ambassador.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join the Cegeka Team that supports service process applications used by one of our customers, a major player in the aviation industry.
As a member of this Team, you will be involved in configuring options and security of the different tools, developing new features in the tools and delivering 2nd line support for end-user incidents. We offersupport and availability to our customers, therefore you will be working in shifts.
The team has day shifts, the duration of a shift being of 8h30min (break included). In addition to those shifts that require your presence in the office, every engineer also performs stand-by shifts, which are performed remotely and are designed to cover the critical issues that can arise during weekends and ensure a backup for the person who is on the night shift during weekdays. We also have a companywide working from home policy in place.
Our service delivery model follows the ITIL framework, which means that we respect specific standards for the procedures and operational flow we have in place, which are implemented corporate-wide. From a governance perspective, our management team ensures recurrent 1to1 and team meetings are organized to support both the growth and development of our team members, as well as to provide transparency and context for the business decisions and overall direction.
What you need to do:
• Install and maintain various systems and software, covering the correspondent administrative actions as well
• Automate tasks that, currently, are performed manually
• Assist in the technical projects, providing the necessary installations and configurations of the hardware and system software • Investigate the internal client’s IT environment in a proactive and critical manner, making the necessary improvement proposals
• You will create and review procedures, making sure that they are always correct and upto-date
• Offer 2nd line support for end-user incidents in a timely manner
• Ensure timely and qualitative delivery according to the release process and perform the necessary follow-up on this
• Accurate ticket documentation of the support request and troubleshooting steps taken
• Take ownership and responsibility for all your assignments
• Interact with the customer, by positively exposing Cegeka during the direct communication with customers
• Work in close collaboration with your colleagues and customer to ensure that service delivery is at the highest standard
• Work in accordance with the Cegeka quality standards, procedures, processes and internal regulations
• Attend trainings and team meetings
• Respect deadlines and procedures agreed at team level or with the customer
• Bring your contribution to ensure that the SLAs are met
What you need to know:
You have basic knowledge of or are eager to learn about solutions such as:
- Server OS knowledge and management (Windows Server, Linux RedHat)
- Good understanding of applications architecture
- Very strong troubleshooting skills
- Basic database skills (Microsoft SQL)
- Webservers (Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS) and additional components
- Git - Powershell / Python / Bash
- Good understanding of networks and the OSI model
- Microsoft System Center Orchestrator (or any other Orchestrator product)
- Software testing and deployment planning (DTAP principle)
- Jenkins (nice to have)
- ITIL Foundations certification (nice to have) / knowledge
What we expect from you:
• BSc in IT or equivalent through experience
• You have 1-3 years of experience in the IT&C field
• You are friendly and professional in dealing with the customer and are able to demonstrate customer focus
• You have a strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
• Have a strong desire to adopt new technologies and keep the pace with an ever growing customer and technology base
• Able to identify process improvement opportunities
• Bring structure in your work
• Be result-driven with a keen eye for quality
• Familiar with the ITIL Framework (Certification is a plus)
• Adapt to constant changing business priorities
• You are stress resistant and can cope with SLAs and deadlines
• Be open to improvement and committed to taking initiative
• Be passionate towards the IT industry and interested in self-development
• Have strong team spirit and get involved in the development of the team
• Be punctual and flexible
• Be willing to listen, learn and also share your knowledge with the team
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
• Be a colleague and not only a team member
• Proactively contribute to building and maintaining a focused and positive atmosphere within the team
What we offer:
• 22 working days as Annual Vacation + additional days off according to internal policies;
• Private Medical Subscription - you can also register your family members at a preferential price;
• Free Gym Subscription according to the internal policies;
• Bookster and self-development online platforms
• Financial support for the birth of your child or unhappy events (for first and seconddegree family members);
• Learning and development opportunities and budget.
We offer flexibility when it comes to wfh policy Flexible benefits:
• Benefit Online platform access, from witch you can choose to invest in:
• Meal tickets
• Professional courses and development programs;
• Holiday packages, gifts;
• Insurance and private pension packages;
• Cultural and entertainment activities;
• Special offers from +2000 providers: vouchers, Telecom & Electro IT, private pensions and insurance, Sport & Wellness, restaurants, hobby and smart experience, medical services.