Entry (0-2 ani)
Adresa/ adresele jobului
Se recruteaza si din
Bigstep is a global startup looking to revolutionize big data in the cloud. We provide the only platform enabling organizations to instantly create private on-demand cloud centers using architectural blueprints tailored for big data. The Bigstep private on-demand cloud centers are bare metal to meet the high performance requirements and can naturally extend the on-premise environment with the full security.
As part of our team, you will be contributing to the shaping of the big data market, working alongside a very experienced team. Our bread and butter are cutting-edge technologies such as Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop and we combine them in novel ways to enable data-driven, world-changing ideas.
We spare no effort to encourage a dynamic environment that supports continuous learning and development, so feel free to bring your heart to work.
What you’ll do at Bigstep
• Resolve product or service problems by: clarifying the customer's request, diagnosing the cause of the problem; collaborating with SysOps, NetOps, R&D, and Product Management, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the request, and by following up to ensure resolution;
• Provide tier 1 technical customer support, problem resolution and follow-ups in the ticketing system; ticket match-making with existing or new bugs/issues in JIRA and notifications for Q&A and Dev teams;
• Escalate troubleshooting requests to the next level of support when necessary;
• Official corporate communications in English for customers regarding outages, new releases and new features, in both written and oral mediums;
• Create and maintain knowledge-based articles and documentation on company’s internal wiki page (for fellow colleagues);
• Proactively act as continuous improvement agent for our products;
• Actively contribute to the team’s start-up by assisting in developing work-flows and procedures, and in the design of the process of creating unforgettable positive customer experience;
• Provide account support where required;
• Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges;
• Take part in special projects as needed.
What we’re looking for
• Knowledge in managing Linux systems (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu): proprietary package management systems, filesystems (ext3, ext4, xfs, NTFS, FATramdisk), proprietary configuration files, etc.;
• Knowledge in managing Windows systems;
• A basic/ good understanding of network related concepts such as the TCP/IP stack, VLANSs, static routing;
• Good understanding of DNS, DHCP, NTP;
• A basic understanding of storage related concepts such as RAID schemes;
• Ability to code script and debug in Python or Bash is a plus;
• Excellent English writing and communication skills;
• Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction;
• Strong decision making and problem solving abilities, enjoy troubleshooting;
• Fast learner, keen for knowledge and curious;
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule and night shifts + weekends;
• Open to change - given the fast paced environment;
• Excellent team player and an independent worker as well.
• Flexible hours;
• Informal, nonconformist work environment, lots of fun;
• Freedom of using technology to ease your work efforts;
• A lot of variety in your work;
• Assisted learning;
• Opportunity of and support for growing into new roles (SysOps, NetOps, R&D, Product Management, Marketing & Sales etc.) according to what you would like to do next.
Being part of a startup is a lot of fun. It offers rewards and responsibilities that are unheard of in corporate environments. It can provide a quick path to the stratosphere of IT from a technical point of view as it has to move a lot quicker and with a lot less resources. We compensate your achievements and commitment with: competitive salary, training opportunities, friendly work environment, flexible hours, and extra-work activities.