Technical Incident Manager (Linux)
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Acest anunt este inactiv, însă puteți trimite în continuare CV-ul Dvs. la aceasta companie
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24x7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Mission Control Center (MCC) resides within the EA Digital Platforms Technical Operations team which is responsible for the infrastructure that our games run on. The MCC is the central point of contact for the Digital Platform team and plays a key role in driving online ‘always on’ services keeping a watchful eye over all monitored endpoints to ensure a continuous 24X7 uptime for our stakeholders. We’re looking for a Incident Manager with Linux Sysadmin skills to join the team.
What a MCC Incident Manager does at EA
- Works in conjunction with the MCC Manager to ensure that operations during a shift are managed to proper SLAs and standards are adhered to
- Is the first point of escalations for MCC team members and partners/stakeholders
- Acts as Incident Manager for Priority 1 and Priority 2 Incidents (coordinating the incident from the initial triage to the resolution, engaging teams, escalating long running incidents)
- During an assigned shift MCC Incident Manager assists with queue oversight, triaging high priority incidents, identifying needs of MCC, and areas of improvement across the MCC team
- Can understand and act as an MCC Systems Administrator and be able to perform technical duties of this role when required
- Assists in tracking and providing data for internal group reports that detail the success and utilization of our Mission Control Center, disaster recovery policies and emergency/incident management drills Understands the rigorous demands a 24x7 real-time online operational environment requires
- Assists in building of EAs technical knowledge base, run books and escalation policies for day to day issue resolution for systems and site management
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements
- Analyzes data to assist in providing results of emergency management and disaster recovery drills as defined by agreed incident escalation and disaster recovery policies
- Partners with other EA Operational teams teams on a consistent basis in order to reduce systems downtime
- Escalates emergencies as needed to management
- Ensures MCC notification and escalation procedures are accurately followed
- Designs and develops scripting and other automation tasks
- Partners with development, QA, DBAs and other administrators to develop and implement improved deployment practices
- Participates in support and maintenance activities
The next great MCC Incident Manager
- Has a minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or very passionate about the IT and gaming industries
- Has 3+ years’ experience with Systems Operations/Engineering organizational responsibilities which include ownership and management of incident escalation, resolution tracking and resolution reporting, with at least 1 of those years being a Lead
- Has a good understanding of Cloud architecture, virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM and/or VMW, application transport and network infrastructure protocols (., TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP)
- Has experience or dealings with Network Operations Center best practices
- Has a good understanding of company resources such as: databases, software applications, and organizational structure
- Has strong crisis management skills
- Must demonstrate solid quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Has the ability to define problems, document and establish facts to draw valid conclusions
- Has experience with common Linux and/or Unix Systems administration tools
- Has a strong understanding of ITIL, especially Incident, Change and Problem Management – their purpose and how they are connected
- Must be flexible as the position will require shift work to include weekends and holidays
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Manage It!