Technical Director - Level Design
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Own and supervise the LD pipelines. The Technical Director, Level Design (TD LD) will ensure the quality of the technical content produced by the level design team.
- Design and validation for the LD needs (tech design, pipeline and data optimization);
- Document LD pipelines;
- Data reviews;
- Performance & Debugging.
- Define the level design team’s technical needs to implement the creative vision;
- Take an active role in designing and validation of the game features;
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with the management and anticipate any issue on the LD pipeline;
- Collaborate closely with other job families in order to develop and optimize the tools/pipelines used in project;
- Communicate the tech vision to the LD team via trainings, documents and coaching team members when needed;
- Drive the optimization and debug the issues raised in his field of expertise;
- Review constantly the LD content to ensure the technical quality of the data;
- Point of contact for all topics related to tech developments on the LD side;
- Collaborate with the Lead LD in order to achieve best results inside the LD team members;
- Give constructive feedback over the tech quality of the LD team members work.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the video game sector and similar tech experience is a must;
- 2 years of experience working as an Associate TD is a plus;
- Previous experience in a technical position (ex.: scripting, pipelines etc.);
- Experience working on AAA games is considered an advantage.
- Excellent technical knowledge of the editors (Unreal, Unity, Hammer etc.) and good understanding of scripting (visual and/or writing);
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process;
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize his/her own work;
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations;
- Coaching skills and presentation skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.
Our heroes are full of character. Full of their own challenges, hopes and dreams. Just like our colleagues. Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.
Ubisoft Bucharest is an experienced player in the video gaming industry in Romania, being one of the first company of its kind. We have built a strong foundation on which we have grown in the past years.
With a strong history of acclaimed games like Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels or HAWX, the studio has moved into co-development and has made its mark in block buster games like Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon and Watch Dogs.
Our studio is located in the Northern part of Bucharest and its goal is to deliver fun to players everywhere.
Combining passion and performance, our teams bring ideas to life. More than just games, we strive to create immersive and engaging worlds that offer moments of escape, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for self-discovery and learning.
In an ever-evolving industry Ubisoft teams are eager to enrich players’ lives with unique and memorable gaming experiences.
We want you to be our partner in this, we want you to evolve with us.