Technical Authority Expert - Media
Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value.
The impact of your role at Ericsson
The Distribution Engineer is a key role within the Distribution platform solution and delivery team working on a high level and low-level designs, implementation, configuration and application management.
You Will Also:
Responsibilities may change as the business requires, however at present key responsibilities include but limited to:
• Provide subject matter expertise on MCR, Coding & Multiplex, Streaming, Origin, DRM, CDN and connectivity technologies, design, implementation, and configuration.
• Work with a distribution product portfolio to deliver services in line with the strategy.
• Make decisions over the direction of R&D and help shape the roadmap, with outputs including internal and client demo’s and tech blogs
• Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision-makers
• Represent RBM at industry events and forums
• Support pre-sales activities, create high-level and detailed technical designs
• Assess current distribution services and plan the implementation of platform configuration/integration work
• Execute product scripts, code, and perform configuration, integration and migration work
• Prepare system test, module test, and acceptance tests
• You will work to identify and drive improvements
• Develop a deep e2e technical understanding of our platforms
• Provide technical support and fix issues
• Share knowledge and collaborate with colleagues across the business
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
The ideal candidate should be an experienced Media Architect with the following areas of expertise:
• Positive, constructive agile approach with an emphasis on collaboration and flexibility
• Proven experience in digital video and encoding technologies including strong competence in encoding algorithms, stat MUX’ing, JIT Packaging, Origin / Caching Technologies, DRM and CDN distribution
• Proven experience in compression technologies MPEG, , , HEVC, RTMP, HLS, Smooth
• Proven experience in origin architecture, JIT, JITE, and DRM
• Experience in unicast, multicast and broadcast IP processes
• Proven experience in video test and measurement
• Good understanding of Networking Concepts, Ethernet, IP protocol, IP routing, TCP and UDP, Domain Name Systems (DNS), FTP, TFTP, and SMNP
• Good understanding of public and private cloud architectures
• Good understanding of Docker and Kubernetes for IP video environments
• Excellent IT skills• The ability to work well in teams
• Fault-finding skills and the capacity to solve technical problems in a creative way
• Strong communication and people skills
• Excellent attention to detail• Time management skills
• Proactive and results-focused approach to work
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.