Our client is an excellence software development center opened in Bucharest, and a key driver in the technology field, aimed to position our client group as the most agile global trade-credit partner in the industry.
Strategy and technology will be front-runners in order to deliver a full scale and consistent digital transformation that will empower company's people - representing 70 different nationalities - to provide business global coverage and innovative services to our customers. With a fast growing team of more than 80 highly skilled techs (. Java, .NET, PeopleSoft, Oracle), the company will master software development in all its aspect, using advanced and solid technologies, in a casual and agile working environment.
At this company everything we do revolves around people and business capable to provide first class services to our customer. It is the reason why our client invests to foster capabilities and motivation by:
- Attracting talented people;
- Training experts;
- Providing visibility on career prospects;
- Recognizing and rewarding performance
- Combining diversity and excellence
You'll be part of the talented software development team of our client, that is an Excellence Software Development Center opened in Bucharest and located in Globalworth Tower (Aurel Vlaicu). This position reports directly to the Head of Development, and mainly interfaces with other peers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Quality Assurance Engineers.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about software engineering, using JAVA technologies, and she/he feels comfortable at the intersection of three other roles: developer, leader, and architect (in case of Tech Lead) or manager (in case of Team Lead).
The role of the Team/Teach Lead - Java (J2EE) entails the following responsibilities:
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentoring, including performance reviews.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and principles, while delivering solutions on time, budget and quality.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain J2EE based applications.
- Assist in the elaboration and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- May require participation in development tasks, including issues fixing and POC development.
- Active participation in recruitment and candidates validation.
- Partner with the appropriate engineering and operations teams to facilitate successful deployments.
- Communicate to people at multiple levels from developers to senior management.
- Perform code reviews to ensure the implementation is maintainable, supportable, resilient and performing.
Requirements and Competencies:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline;
- English (Mandatory);
- 4+ years of experience as software developer and at least 1 year in a technical leadership position;
- Functional understanding of operational IT processes
- Strong time management and multi tasking capability
- Proven hands-on experience with JAVA/J2EE
- Practice with load and performance benchmarking (. JMeter)
- Good understanding of Oracle and PL/SQL
- Experience with popular JAVA frameworks (. Spring, Struts)
- Know and understand build automation using Maven, Ant, Jenkins
- Know-how and practice with unit testing (. JUnit)
- Savvy on Windows and Linux development environments
- Nice to know: Eclipse, MongoDB, Caliber RM, Dimensions CM, HP ALM, UML
- Strong oral and written communication, including technical presentation to non technical people
- Ability to estimate effort and schedule, including work progress measure
- Experience with Design and Enterprise Patterns
- Extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Vacation, Gift, and Meal Tickets
- Personal and Professional Development (Training and Certification)
- Gym Subscription and Medical Insurance (children included)
- Public Transportation Discount
- Monthly Short Friday
- Foosball and PS4
- Taking over project involves traveling to France at company headquarters in Bois-Colombe.