The British Council is recruiting a Finance Officer responsible for the provision of an effective financial support service for the Teaching Centre, within the agreed timescales and financial regulations. The role will focus primarily on financial operations but will also include Procurement-related responsibilities. Will also ensure that finance systems and procedures run efficiently and accurately and comply with corporate policies and standards.
Location - Bucharest
Salary - 3650 RON gross/month
Duration - 2 years
Working hours - Full time
Closing date - Sunday 08 October 2017
• Administration of teaching-related contracts (suppliers and staff collaborators) and liaises with procurement officer for new contracts, for updating contracts and for tendering for teaching activity
• Processing all payments related to Teaching Centre suppliers and staff collaborators
• Income reconciliations for Teaching Centre in Bucharest and Iasi
• Monthly checks are performed as per FCCF and TC financial guidelines
• Payroll information is collected and provided to the HR in timely and efficient manner
• Cash flow predictions are provided monthly to the Finance officer
• Carry out daily financial duties (SAP/Citidirect payments, OS1 role)
• Provide financial reports as requested by TOM/DELS
Essential skills and competencies:
Very good prioritisation skills: experienced in juggling multiple projects at the same time and keep them moving forward.
Ability to efficiently perform repetitive tasks.
Very good command of the Microsoft Office package
English language skills: B2/C1 level
The closing date for applications is 08 October shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will have to pass an English language test before the interview. We only accept applications which follow the guidelines and the official application form. We do not accept CVs or other documents.
Thank you for your interest!