Accounting & Tax Specialist
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Acest anunt este inactiv, însă puteți trimite în continuare CV-ul Dvs. la aceasta companie
British American Tobacco currently have an excellent opportunity for a Accounting & Tax Specialist role, based in our office in Bucharest.
Overall the Accounting and Taxation Specialist should assist Tax Manager and Finance Controller on accounting and financial procesess, while being a proactive business partner within the company.
- Ensures local statutory reporting processes are timely and effective with meaningfull interpretation of results;
- Prepares local statutory financial reporting (Tax, Accounting, INSSE, NBR) ensuring consistency through a robust reconciliation process;
- Trial balance checks (such as reconciliation of movements, nature and age of balances, etc.);
- Monthly Postings Register reconciliation with trial balance;
- Review VAT journal and correct if needed;
- Update Mandatory Manual Statutory Accounting Registers;
- Provide statutory Financial Statements and/or Corporate Tax, VAT Tax Returns and other mandatory periodical reports to authorities;
- Produce/verify monthly Key Balance Sheet Accounts Controls;
- Supports annual external audit cycle and ensure that it is completed within set deadline. Ensures that all audit issues are resolved or communicated timely and clearly to TM/FC;
- Monitor, advice and improve the activity of shared service company. Control SLA with Finance Service Centre to meet both, management and statutory reporting deadlines;
- Advise business departments on all areas of accounting and taxation;
- Assist on relevant areas all business projects;
- Complete ad-hoc requests that can support decision-making;
- Monitor and adapt to legislative change.
- Assist and/or develop appropriate reporting infrastructure and implement effective systems to provide accurate/ timely tax reporting;
- Assist on answering tax authority questions and tax audits;
- Actively assist relationships with external partners (banks, auditors, etc.).
- Support TM/FC, providing inputs for the Finance Team;
- Develop close relationship with key stakeholders to ensure alignment within the company;
- Capture and communicate best practices in the company.
- Responsible to identify and highlight potential opportunities or challenges in the accounting / fiscal field for the company;
- Develop & implement new tools, processes and ways of working as the environment develops.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- University degree with economic / accounting specialisation;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in local accounting / taxation fields;
- Very good knowledge of legislation related to accountancy and fiscality;
- Romanian language, good level of English (spoken and written);
- Prior experience in operating ERP systems;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.