System Manager for Open Source Monitoring
About the job
Visma IT & Communications is looking for a passionate System Manager for our Open Source Monitoring area.
You must have a drive to develop high quality processes that will run in an unusually complex technical environment. You will be a member of the Tools team in our IT Development department, but also in the Monitoring squad, where your skills and contributions to manage our monitoring in the Open Source area will be very visible. You must love to help team members and to receive help from them. The team is international so you will use English both written and orally. If the descriptions above fit you, and you can check several of the following bullets, Visma IT & Communications can offer you a very interesting work and competitive terms.
* Master's or Bachelor's degree in related fields, preferably Computer Engineering area, with an overall minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
* In depth knowledge of Linux
* Expertise in installing and configuring Icinga/Icinga2 modules, configure hosts, services, notifications with Icinga2 config files
* Good knowledge of Grafana and Kibana
* Scripting experience
* Good understanding of Security and Networking concepts
* Effectively cope with change; comfortably adjust to alterations in work activities; able to decide and act with limited information; effectively handle risk and uncertainty in ambiguous situations
* Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem solving skills in a variety of situations
* Highly effective written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing effectively with a wide range of people
* Digital skills (. Google for Work apps).
* Fluency in Business English is required
* Customer oriented behaviour
* Fast learner - research capabilities for obtaining required information.
* Perform monitoring software(Icinga2) administration, installation, maintenance and upgrades
* Help define standards and best practices for monitoring and performance testing of Icinga products
* Create and maintain the Solution Design document
* Ensure Customer Satisfaction in the Services Delivered and Continuous improvement of services
* Support in Proposals preparation for new and existing services
* Collaborate with Solution and System Managers on monitoring requirements. Documentation on proper usage of tools to quickly identify issues and triage solutions.
* Evaluate new tools and technology to provide application and infrastructure monitoring.
What Visma offers
We offer an exciting position in an international working environment where you will be part of a dynamic and highly skilled international team. You will have good opportunities for career development through internal training and diverse work assignments in a prominent international company. We offer competitive terms and conditions.
Visma offers software and services that simplify and digitize core business processes in the private and public sector. The group operates across the entire Nordic region along with Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe. With over 10K employees, more than one million customers and net revenue of NOK11,389million in2018, Visma is one of Europe’s leading software companies.
IT service delivery in the digital age means rapid growth and major changes as emerging technologies introduce paradigm shifts. Cloud service delivery is the next major driver. Success in changing environments
requires the ability to innovate, design and deliver while providing steady and secure IT deliveries.
In addition to providing IT services to our customer portfolio, Visma IT provides all Visma business units with the tools and infrastructure they need to deliver state-of-the-art solutions and services to their customers. By giving employees access to the right technology, we ensure quality at all stages of the customer journey. We also provide data
storage in on-premise environments, in hosting environments and in the cloud, both public and private.
Our international teams base their work on an extensive knowledge of IT service delivery in both on-premise environments and the public and private cloud. Security is our number one priority, and to ensure that we comply with all laws and regulations, we are ISO certified in the areas of security, quality, project management and IT service delivery.
We conduct background checks on relevant candidates through our partner Semac.