System Engineer – PSS - TSR
Our components for Passive Safety Systems provide drivers' protection in unpleasant situation of a crash event.
One of the most important safety system's parts in the car – the Airbag Control Unit (ACU) – is managing the deployment on the airbags in such a way that the car occupants' injuries are reduced as much as possible. The ACU module is designed based on the newest technologies in automotive area, receiving information from distant sensors placed in several locations in the car: side pillars, inside doors, behind the front bumper etc.
As a System Engineer you will:
- Coordinate the management of requirements together with all other involved disciplines;
- Ensure a complete and released set of requirements for the product/platform;
- Initiate the project specific RE approach regarding Requirements Management Tool, Trace-ability, stakeholder exchange process;
- Analyze / Validate customer requirements documents for completeness and make them available in requirement management tools (. IMS IntegrityClient)
- Approve the requirements baseline and feature list.
- Design highly complex systems or products;
- Define core methods and processes for platform and specification development;
- Conceive system interfaces and business application prototypes;
- Identify, analyze and resolve system design weaknesses;
- Influence the shaping of future products by contributing to the architecture used across multiple platforms;
- Provide technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
- University degree (. Electronics, Computer Science, Physics, Informatics);
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience on a similar position;
- Software development knowledge is mandatory;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and ability to provide “the big picture” for involved stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good writing, reading and speaking English skills;
- Design and architectural experience is a plus;
- German language would be highly appreciated.
Engineering, Information Technology, Research and Development
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.