Unifiedpost Group is a public listed company, with its headquarter in Brussels and offices all around Europe, whose
mission is to help customers simplify their business processes like invoicing, payments, financing, identity, through smart,
secure, and cloud-based digital platforms. The first Romanian office opened in Timișoara in 2009 and now, in 2021 we
plan to have a Cluj office, as well. With a local team of over 150 software developers, business analysts, QA and support
engineers, talented and passionate people are always welcomed. Meet us!
As a System Engineer, your focus will be to:
● Make sure that the company IT infrastructure works;
● Execute innovation projects;
● Follow up on daily production processes by monitoring systems and applications;
● Do trend analysis based on the available logging information and pro-actively act to prevent service decrease;
● Measure system performance and interpret logging information; suggest how logging, measurement and
reporting can be improved;
● Detect, register, solve and report production issues.
You will need to:
● Be passionate about system engineering, eager to master Linux administration (CentOS, Redhat);
● Be proactive, take ownership, focus on problem solving more than problem finding and think about continuous
● Be an excellent communicator - English is our group’s common language, so excellent spoken and written English
is a must;
● Value team effort, be a team player and deliver autonomously with little supervision;
● Always be curious about new technologies and development methods.
What you bring
● 5+ years of Linux system administration with proven troubleshooting and optimization experience
● It’s great if your Linux skills include: kernel & cryptography knowledge, file systems knowledge, scripting (bash,
python, ruby), networking, user space daemons and applications (nfsd, autofs, httpd, sshd, vsftpd, etc), ftp, sftp,
ftps, http, https, Soap over HTTP, Rest, WSPF;
● Know version control svn, git and open source virtualization tools like Xen, KVM, VirtualBox;
● Have worked with DB on Linux (MySQL, Postgresql);
● Have worked with middleware products like Tomcat, Jboss, Pacemaker;
● Have good knowledge about software storage systems (glusterfs, CEPH);
● Puppet and/or Ansible experience;
● Experience with AWS;
● Experience with security devices (HSM), and related technologies;
● Terms like CI, CD, Devops and tools like Jenkins, Vagrant etc. are not new to you;
● Experience working with Check_mk, Splunk or other monitoring tools, is optional but is considered a plus.
Everyone pays well in IT, so of course you get an excellent salary, benefits, including working from home. But we’re about
more than that:
● Responsibility and autonomy: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility,
not just tasks;
● Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions;
● Active involvement in a variety of IT & Agile communities, as well as national or international events;
● Active organizers of learning, social and fun events.
You can send your application to . We’ll treat it with care.