Would you like to work with the world’s leading brands in eCommerce, Electronics and Apparel?
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of Europe’s fastest growing Reverse logistics companies. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans for the future make this a great place to further your career.
Reports to: VP IT
Objective / Purpose of the Job (describe clearly the level of responsibility and expected result)
As a System Engineer your main responsibility is our Cycleon Recare related Cloud infrastructure, the 24/7 availability of our production systems, providing advice about and implement optimizations with respect to the infrastructure from which our customers benefit, monitoring the systems using standard monitoring tools and adhering to architecture and security guidelines.
You have the technical background from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, network administration and application- and infrastructure monitoring. The role supports our Amazon Cloud services that focus on networking technologies including for example Elastic Load Balancing, VPC, RDS databases, SoftNas/EFS, troubleshooting and reproducing and solving complex errors and/or performance issues. As System Engineer you closely work together with the development teams in the Netherlands and Romania in line with the DevOps approach.
Key Activities / Accountabilities
- Monitoring, using tools such as New Relic and Cloud Watch, the availability of the applications and infrastructure for the global regions we support is a key activity. Frequent reporting regarding infrastructure KPI’s and providing advice about improvements are essential.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve issues closely working together with our Cloud provider, external and internal stakeholders.
- In a DevOps manner and culture, closely work together with our Development Team and software suppliers in setting up new and changing existing systems as well as implementing new releases for those systems.
- Support the deployment of maintenance releases and new functionality releases.
- Work closely together with your fellow IT colleagues in maintaining and improving the IT infrastructure in areas like network, storage and server management.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Information Technology particular to our business to be able to make recommendations for improvements to Management.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the industry we are working in and use that knowledge to further enhance and improve the services we offer to our clients.
- Ensure infrastructure setup is compliant to the Cycleon security standards.
- Ensure infrastructure setup is well documented using Atlassian tooling.
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for infrastructure changes and monitor actual spending compared to budget.
- Specify and evaluate IT supplier components, subsystems and services and provide advice to Management about usability, implementation and running cost.
- Participate in preparation of commercial and internal proposals.
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
Adverse Working Conditions
- International travel – To near shore partner, Netherlands team in Utrecht location and our central warehouse in Duisburg occasionally.
Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
- Professional capabilities at an academic or higher professional education level;
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience preferably in a fast-growing international environment servicing large multi-national complex clients;
- Fluent in English, oral & writing
- Very good working experience with Linux/Solaris system administration, familiar with UNIX tools, Tomcat, Hibernate, Quartz Postgres, VMware, Enterprise Service Bus and MS Office365 tooling
- Experience with managing Amazon Cloud EC2 environments
- Good understanding of firewall setup/configuration, networking (routing/switching, etc.)
- Good Understanding of server configuration and optimization
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
Required Behavioural Competencies
- Inquisitive attitude towards IT technology, Transport and Logistics. A passion for technology
- Master the art of communicating complex details in simplistic terms to our internal and external customers and partners. React creatively but rationally to customer requests
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Accurate, attention to detail and quality-minded
- Proactive and independent working style
- Good team player with very good communication skills and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Flexible and hands-on mentality, ability to work under pressure
What will give you the edge?
- Experience in working in an international Logistics environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing Micro services.
The opportunity to work in a multi-cultural dynamic environment in a team that is located in Romania Bucharest closely working together with the sales, business and IT team in Utrecht Netherlands and our near shore team in Iasi Romania. To contribute to our passion for the best results, our innovative thinking and customer driven core values, the way we work and how we cherish our pioneering team spirit. And of course, an ambitious and challenging working environment in the growing market of Reverse logistics!
Our working environment is an international, innovative, youthful, positive, fun and dynamic one; relentlessly customer focused self-starters and entrepreneurs. Our playground includes an IT driven international logistics services, with clear focus and efficient processes and structure.