Acest job nu mai este activ.
Objective / Purpose of the Job
As a System Engineer your main responsibility is our Cloud infrastructure, the 24/7 availability of our production systems, providing advice about and implement optimizations with respect to the infrastructure from which our customers benefit, monitoring the systems using standard monitoring tools and adhering to architecture and security guidelines.
You have the technical background from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, network administration and application- and infrastructure monitoring. The role supports our Amazon Cloud services that focus on networking technologies including for example Elastic Load Balancing, VPC, RDS databases, SoftNas/EFS, troubleshooting and reproducing and solving complex errors and/or performance issues. As System Engineer you closely work together with the development teams in line with the DevOps approach.
Key Activities / Accountabilities
- Responsible for leading (near shore) Managed Services Team group of engineers on technical activities and completion of activities on time and budget.
- Monitoring, using tools such as New Relic and Cloud Watch, the availability of the applications and infrastructure for the global regions we support is a key activity. Frequent reporting regarding infrastructure KPI’s and providing advice about improvements are essential.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve issues closely working together with our Cloud provider, external and internal stakeholders.
- In a DevOps manner and culture, closely work together with our Development Team and software suppliers in setting up new and changing existing systems as well as implementing new releases for those systems.
- Support the deployment of maintenance releases and new functionality releases.
- Work closely together with your fellow IT colleagues in maintaining and improving the IT infrastructure in areas like network, storage and server management.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Information Technology particular to our business to be able to make recommendations for improvements to Management.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the industry we are working in and use that knowledge to further enhance and improve the services we offer to our clients.
- Ensure infrastructure setup is compliant to the Cycleon security standards.
- Ensure infrastructure setup is well documented using Atlassian tooling.
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for infrastructure changes and monitor actual spending compared to budget.
- Specify and evaluate IT supplier components, subsystems and services and provide advice to Management about usability, implementation and running cost.
- Participate in preparation of commercial and internal proposals.
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
Adverse Working Conditions
- International travel – To near shore partner location and our central warehouse Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
- Professional capabilities at an academic or higher professional education level;
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience preferably in a fast-growing international environment servicing large multi-national complex clients;
- Fluent in English, oral & writing
- Very good working experience with Linux/Solaris system administration, familiar with UNIX tools, Tomcat, Hibernate, Quartz Postgres, VMware, Enterprise Service Bus and MS Office365 tooling
- Experience with managing Amazon Cloud EC2 environments
- Good understanding of firewall setup/configuration, networking (routing/switching, etc.)
- Good Understanding of server configuration and optimization
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
Required Behavioural Competencies
- Inquisitive attitude towards IT technology, Transport and Logistics. A passion for technology
- Master the art of communicating complex details in simplistic terms to our internal and external customers and partners. React creatively but rationally to customer requests
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Accurate, attention to detail and quality-minded
- Proactive and independent working style
- Good team player with very good communication skills and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Flexible and hands-on mentality, ability to work under pressure
Acest job nu mai este activ.