System Administrator Engineer
We are seeking to appoint an experienced system administrator engineer to be responsible for building and maintaining the systems infrastructure used in the development and testing of Oxygen XML’s products which are built utilizing agile development processes & methods. This position works closely with Syncro Soft’s software engineers to set up and maintain our engineering environment. The ideal candidate will be an analytical, innovative, and self-motivated individual who is eager to develop new skills while evolving existing strengths.
- Build, configure, install, and update servers, network operating systems, hubs, backup units, routers, phone systems and other infrastructure-related equipment, services and applications.
- Install, configure and support cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Support engineering build and test infrastructure which includes, but not limited to VM environments, build servers, automation servers, various application and database servers, etc.
- Monitor and manage servers performance and capacity relative to cpu, memory, and storage utilization
- Evaluate requests for hardware, software, and services; determine requirements comparing against available resources, create value propositions and assist in the purchasing process of these assets
- Monitor and maintain OS and application updates, software license usage, etc. Maintain and track the warranties and maintenance agreements of the hardware and software resources.
- Maintain and backup the server data.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks such as assisting in software product testing, release engineering, etc
- University degree in Computer Science or a relevant computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in IT infrastructures, including but not limited to networking, database administration, Windows operating system administration, virtual systems, application installations, etc.
- A good understanding of software testing methodologies and / or release engineering technologies (., continuous integration build environments, etc.)
- Experience administering, configuring and maintaining visualization systems for UNIX, Windows and Linux
- Multitasking - Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
Nice to have skills:
- Working knowledge and/or experience with either SaaS-based products, web/cloud-based technologies, web services, client/server applications, etc.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS)/Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and knowledge of how to deploy and administer systems in AWS/EC2 environments
- Experience using PHP, HTML/CSS style sheets, basic understanding of Java language.
- Computer hardware knowledge.
- Experience in testing back-end components of client/server and/or web-based products.
- Attractive salary plus meal tickets.
- Professional and modern working environment, the opportunity to interact with highly skilled professionals
- Comfortable, ergonomic workplaces.
- Fitness center and weekly sports.