TransPerfect is seeking a Development Operations Engineer to join our Tech Special Projects Development Team, to be responsible for ensuring the integrity, reliability and maintenance of our internally developed software products from conception to release.
As a Development Operations Team Member, you will be tasked with assisting the Development team in understanding, deploying and maintaining infrastructure related to hosting the TransPerfect SaaS applications. You will be responsible for diagnosing any configuration issues with these systems in coordination with the development teams.
The Development Operations Team Member will be the primary point of contact for the infrastructure needs as you deal directly with development teams who have service requests and technical problems such as issues with their servers, networking, and automated deployments.
This position will be a key member of a TechOps engineering team that is responsible for the operational activities and software deployment orchestration related to the internal infrastructure of our rapidly expanding business.
The DevOps Engineer will have a demonstrable successful track record in:
- Effectively provision, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of version control systems, build tools and continuous integration tools
- Working with application teams to build, maintain, and document through Confluence the Development, Testing, Staging, and Production environments
- Evangelist on DevOps best practices to continue improving software delivery and release processes
- Analysis of functionality and interoperability between virtualized resources
- Diagnosing and solving problems with the underlying environment
- Writing and deploying automation scripts to maintain and analyze services and CPU/Memory usage across multiple environments
- Maintain all our environments 100+ VMs / maintaining all VM OS updates
- Work alongside the Dev and QA team to detect hot spots in our applications and set preventative measure before it becomes a live issue
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and evaluation of our monitoring platforms
- Maintain, update, monitor, and Scale our database servers / RavenDB and SQL servers
- Manage application and database backups
- Troubleshooting and provide solutions for system configurations
- Plan, execute and test disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Database replication, monitoring and maintenance
- Monitor and examine all application, performance, event, and system logs to assist in troubleshooting
- Responsible for filing all IT/Colocation tickets ensuring fulfilment of requests, escalating to the right person if necessary
- Aid in planning our datacenters system expansion
- Testing and evaluating new technologies
- Working with 3rd party support services
- Document procedures
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Operations with Development tasks, or 2 years’ experience in Cloud Operations with Development tasks.
- At least 2+ years experience within a system administrator, Systems engineering type role with strong knowledge and experience of Windows Server
- Working knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases.
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows Server is required.
- Advanced Knowledge of IIS Webserver
- Advanced Experience in networking and routing concepts, network security and software firewalls, virtualization technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Ideal candidates will be familiar with the following subjects/technology:
- Agile Methodology | PowerShell | Active Directory Domain Services | SQL Database backups, restores, and monitoring | NoSQL Databases (RavenDB) | Proxy servers | Network Security |ELK Stack | Team Foundation Server
This position offers:
- A significant role in a dynamic, well-functioning software development division with the world's largest provider of language services and technology solutions
- An opportunity to have real impact in product direction and development
- Advantages of working in a team of subject matter experts that develop cutting-edge web applications
- Significant room for growth
- Great financial rewards