The Technical Support Engineer will support client products from a major network infrastructure manufacturer, working directly with the partners and customers.
The Engineer will work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and act as an escalation point for other groups within the organization.
WORKING ON SHIFTS to cover 8 am - 21 pm
• Provide L1 and L2 Support for VARs, Distributors, service providers, enterprise customers, and end users via telephone, e-mail, and web.
• Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
• Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, escalation, and engineering.
• Participate in cross functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, KB and other documentation activities.
• Provide on-site support for customers when needed.
• English fluency both written and spoken
• From a technical college or university with networking, security, programming and NFV experience, like Engineering or Computer Science Degree preferred.
• Associate network knowledge (or higher) preferred - JNCIA (CCNA) or ability to achieve this within 6 months.
• Eager to learn technology, interest in programming and scripting
• Network fundamentals including routing, switching and security technologies
• Excellent team player
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4(TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking QoS, STP, RSTP, OSPF, RIP, VRRP, IGMP, MPLS, Multicast routing protocols)
• Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Internet, its growth, and related new technologies.
• Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment
• L1 requirement
• 2-3+ years of experience in a support role (field engineers or as technical support engineer)
• Experience mentoring junior team members
• Achieved a minimum of JNCIS certification and preferably JNCIP (CCNP or eq.) level certification
• Working experience with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools
• Presentation skills
• Strong problem solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
• Proven escalation management and leadership skills
• Able to multitask when several critical issues happen simultaneously
NICE TO HAVE
Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
Good understanding of TCP/IP
Ability to analyze packet captures
Excellent client-facing skills