Supply Chain Specialist - New Start-up Company
Acest job nu mai este activ.
Responsible for the management of the materials requisitions, PO’s and Schedule agreements releases and scheduling, as they relate to order fulfillment and inventory management. Candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment of buying and planning, including the management of inventory levels in order to achieve Business Unit cash-flow expectations.
- Strong understanding of ERP System (SAP) in modules such as: Purchasing, PP, WM, etc.;
- Review and release material purchase orders (Raw Material, Semi-Finished and/or manufactured parts) to cover requirements and support customer demand, maintaining Inventory levels within target;
- Review and Execute exception codes (messages) in system (example:and 20) for planned purchase orders or pending approvals, since they indicate a situation (Purchase Orders Placement, Changes and/or Cancellations) that need an action to prevent Inventory Excess, Material Shortages, etc.;
- Plan and execute system messages. Review and release system customer blocks with established frequency to maintain STR performance within goal and avoid Past Due;
- Follow the appropriate escalation process to communicate on time any situation that could put in risk the normal performance of the business;
- Track Shipments from supplier thru receiving, coordinating with logistics, customs, cross-dock, GLOG warehouse and receiving inspection to ensure on-time delivery;
- Monthly Review of Materials excess and obsolescence, and follow procedure for proper disposition;
- Analysis of safety stock levels to meet the changing sales trends / customer demand changes;
- Identify areas of improvement and implement preventive and corrective actions in the supply chain area;
- Work closely with purchasing team to improve supplier’s performance;
- Review and maintain related parameters for part numbers assigned;
- Aid VSM and Materials Manager in achievement of performance targets, including delivery (STR), inventory value, and cost avoidance/cost reduction;
- Serve as cross functional liaison to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction;
- Support the initiatives which are related to Lean Production (. Value Stream Mapping, Pull Flow, Inventory Reduction) to ensure that assigned or requested tasks are accomplished.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or related engineering discipline
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as Planner/Buyer;
- Understanding of Lean Concepts (Standard Work, Visual Management, KanBan, 5S, etc.) through PDCA;
- Experience working in automotive plants;
- Strategic mindset with proven analytical abilities;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Expertise in Computer skills (SAP R/3, MS Excel, Power Point, and Word);
- Strong analytical and organization skills;
- Self-starter and customer oriented;
- Team Player;
- Capability to drive and sustain performance improvements;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Communicates effectively at all organizations levels, both orally and in writing.