Strategic Commercial & Financial Manager
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
- Post Sale Commercial Manager supporting the Xerox UK & Spain Service Delivery Business.
- Independent contributor
- People management responsibility – either virtual, direct or dotted line management may be required at a later stage
- Profit and loss responsibility for account or business area (<£100m rev / £25m gp)
- Accountable for discernment and presentation of causals (actual vs outlook)
- Needs to understand and where required present and recommend to senior management the commercial hydraulics for account or business area including key profit drivers, risks and opportunities.
- Accountable for commercial governance and control for account / accounts within business area
- Client facing commercial contact / negotiator
- Responsible for signing off new and additional business and supporting the commercial modelling of renewals / extensions
- Responsible for establishing and supporting programs to improve business performance and GP
- Commercial point of contact for Sales and Service Delivery Leads
- Required to influence sales and service delivery to consider Commercial impact in their day to day operations.
- To provide commercial excellence for one or more strategic account(s) – which typically include accounts which bill in excess of £10m pa or where client contract funds the head in support of their own contract governance.
- Responsible for owning the P&L and reporting causals, risks, opportunities and enforcing commercial and contract governance for strategic account(s)
- Responsible for providing internal and client facing budgets / outlooks
- Client point of contact / escalation for commercial risks and issues
- Attend routine client commercial review meetings (governance requirement)
- Own Commercial Risk register for account(s)
- Responsible for driving increased profit performance for account – to be detailed in Commercial Action Plan (CAP)
- Responsible for drafting Contract Change Requests and for owning the contract change process with the client
- To be the subject matter expert on the client contract and to ensure compliance and or mitigation of all contractual obligations
- Attend and present Account Reviews to Senior Leadership Team as required
- Attend and present to the Customer as required
Background, skills, experience and qualifications
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of ethics required
- A knowledge of general accounting practice
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP systems preferred
- Ability to prioritize and work to deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills – including English to a fluent level
- Good presentation skills
- Risk management experience useful
- Prior negotiation skills useful
- Ability to work across a variety of departments and functions to achieve objectives
Ability to travel