Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Adresa/ adresele jobului
STORAGE SUPPORT ENGINEER
Brief Posting Description:
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment.
* 4 years experience with Core products or 5 years experience with Applications products
* Technical degree ., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, ., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
* Fluency in English both verbally and written. Proficiency in Italian or French language desired.
This vacancy is for a Senior Engineer to support the Engineered Storage Domain products. Our portfolio includes fast growing products with the ZFS Storage Appliance, Flash FS Storage System, Solaris Cluster and Engineered Systems.
For this job, you will:
* Provide post-sales Engineered Storage support to Oracle customers and partners
* Display and maintain high level of professional behavior at all times.
* Assist in ensuring Oracle Services meet Customer Satisfaction goals.
* Work on weekends / holidays as per the duty roster from time to time
* Provide problem isolation and resolution.
* Create knowledge documentation as necessary to assist with possible future problem resolution.
* Act as an interface with Support, Sales and Professional Services organizations to ensure proper support delivery is available for customer needs.
* Ensure proper implementation of corporate programs and processes.
* Work closely with all levels of customer and external engineers and management on the most complex problems.
* Perceived by customers to be the highest level of technical support Oracle Services has to offer
* Prioritize workload and advance technical problems where appropriate to the next level of expertise
* Effectively prioritize and manage personal list of outstanding customer queries.
* May have project lead role.
Knowledge and Experience:
* At least 4 years of working on Solaris / Unix operating system with knowledge of its internal workings.
* Good understanding of Networking concepts TCP/IP Protocols, Network Interfaces, Aggregation and Virtualization, NFS, Samba, Naming Services, Sendmail, Network Security, Infiniband, Ethernet and Fabric Switches
* Knowledge of Storage concepts (RAID) and Storage protocols (iSCSI, SCSI, FC etc would be desirable)
* Knowledge of Other operating systems like Windows, Linux, AIX will be beneficial.
* Skills in troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
* Good customer interaction and organizational skills
* Good verbal and written English Language communication skills.
Experience and in depth knowledge in more than one of the following domains is required in order to be able to provide Engineered Storage support:
- X64 server products knowledge
- Exalogic & SuperCluster knowledge
- Transport technologies such as fibre channel, scsi, serial attached scsi (SAS).
- Experience with storage technology (JBOD, RAID array)
- Experience with HBAs and storage array configuration
- Experience with more than one of the following storage protocols: SCSI, fibre channel, iSCSI, Infiniband, SATA
- Understanding of D-Trace Analytics and its usage in troubleshooting.
- Solaris, Windows, Linux clients, etc
- Solaris 11 knowledge and certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Solaris internals and concepts, such as traps, interrupts, locking mechanisms, scheduling and memory management.
- Oracle Solaris Cluster
- Core file analysis.
- Ability to write and understand shell script and c-code
- Ethernet protocols, Network Interfaces and Network Switches
- TCP/IP and Routing Protocols
- IPMP/LACP configuration/troubleshooting
- Naming Service and NFS
- WAN and Infiniband
- Windows Connectivity (Samba / CIFs)