- Act as senior program/project manager for TV related projects including multiple cross country ressources with hands on mentality.
- Prepare and create solution designs, feasibility studies, architecture concepts or PoCs for TV related topcis.
- Creation and realization of technical solution for the TV platform and subsystems depending on the project objective.
- Coordination and management of internal and external vendors within the projects.
- Provide expertise in analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with vendors and other corporate teams as needed
- Vendor management for 3rd parties/ vendors
- Participate in review activities (project plans, requirement, design and test case) to assume joint responsibility with other team members on quality and schedule
- Responsible for integration of new technologies
- Responsible for review of technical studies and design proposals for applications
Key Performance Indicators/Key responsabilities and deliverables:
- As part of the Pan-European TV team, the senior expert is responsible for delivering OTT TV / IPTV related solutions to extend the TV platform portfolio
- This position will act on senior program/project management level as well as being an expert engineer on conceptional and design questions related to TV platforms
- The expert is responsible for the implementation of relevant technical applications. This may include program or project management of development projects as well as steering external partners and suppliers from technical point of view.
- Overall responsibility: Responsible for planning, implementation, testing and operation of TV platform projects and components.
- Time to market of the applications.
- Total Costs of Ownership of the applications.
- On-time delivery of the applications.
- Quality and stability of the apllications.
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Professional knowledge, skills, know how in the field & experience in the field:
- 5 -10 years’ experience in large scale international IT companies (. tier1 telco)
- proven track record in topics like IPTV / OTT TV, video on demand, media systems
- proven track record in program/project management
- English language – fluent (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
Interpersonal, communication skills:
- Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international matrix organization
- Experience in working with international teams (direct & indirect) from different cultural backgrounds and experience in managing external resources ensuring clarity, collaboration and efficiency
- Excellent team player and motivator
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail if required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak and write at both senior and junior levels within an organisation
- Strong and dynamic individual, with the ability to thrive under pressure
- Sound appreciation of complex and large multi-user production systems and their architecture
- Solid awareness of production operational processes
Other soft skills, competences:
- Highly collaborative
- Flexibility to travel
- Efficient communication, communication with 3rd parties
- hands on mentality
- Experience in implementation of large scale platforms
- Experience in technical architecture design for large scale platforms
- Experience in IPTV / OTT TV field
- Experience with RESTful architectures
- Public/Private Cloud Architectures
- TV service
- Strong technical knowledge of high scale OTT TV systems and architectures
- Strong technical background on video encoding (, HEVC/)
- Good understanding of video packaging and OTT streaming (HLS, DASH, HDS, HSS)
- Good understanding of DRM solutions and offerings (Google Widevine, MS PlayReady, Verimatrix, Adobe Primetime, Apple FairPlay)
- Experience from satellite reception headends (IP receivers, conditional access solutions)