SQL / ETL Software Developer
Our Raiffeisen IT Management and Regulatorik Department is currently seeking a full-time SQL / ETL Software Developer with German language skills.
This job gives you the opportunity to be part of a distributed team (located in Cluj-Napoca and Vienna) comprising of more than 20 professionals, backed up by experienced teams of QA Engineers, Software Architects, Software Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers and IT Service Managers.
We implement and maintain custom software Solutions for our owner and main customer (Raiffeisen Banking Group in Austria) and various management and administration Systems for some of the Raiffeisen Bank subsidiaries in Austria. We adapt our collaboration and development methodologies to the specifics of each project and customer trying to stay as agile as possible. We bring quality and innovation as added values to our customers’ needs.
- Develop the requested DB functionality according to the customer specifications;
- Design and code database tables to store the data;
- Write SQL queries used for back-end (regulatory) and front-end (webapps) applications; create database triggers for automation and table indexes to improve performance;
- Program views, stored procedures, and functions;
- Work with application developers to review the DB performance and optimize the SQL queries;
- Perform SQL code maintenance (change requests, bugs, application deployments into various environments);
- Perform or assist with DB maintenance (backup data, restore data, clean unwanted entries, check logs and performance);
- Troubleshoot common DB issues (ex. performance);
- Write basic documentation for the source code;
- Adopt and support best practices suitable for your domain;
- Build and maintain a good professional relationship with customers and partners.
- Solid, provable SQL programming language and variations (T-SQL) knowledge and experience, with a focus on the PostgreSQL and MSSQL RDBMS;
- Strong interest in clean design and architecture of relational databases;
- Skilled at understanding and optimizing large complicated SQL statements;
- Experience using Issue tracking and collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence);
- B level German language skills;
- Self-initiative and passion for proactive problem solving, taking ownership of tasks at hand; take independent actions and calculated risks; ask for and offer help;
- Structured, organized working style, with an ambition to deliver quality results in limited time;
- Effective team-worker in an agile environment.
Desirable skills (nice to have)
- Experience with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it;
- Capable of configuring popular database engines;
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecommunications, Automation or equivalent.
Compensation & benefits
- Very stable work environment, as part of large Banking and Insurance Multinational Groups;
- Flexible work program, respecting your own private time;
- Full-time, unlimited employment contract with an attractive remuneration package and lunch tickets;
- Christmas bonus;
- Private pension and private health insurance contribution;
- Sport activities contribution;
- Extra vacation days;
- Time off when holidays fall on a weekend (up to 3 days/year);
- Exchange of experience and training with international professionals, as a premise for personal development;
- Career development opportunities;
- Free German language courses;
- Team building events held both in Romania and Europe;
- Possibility to travel in Europe (Vienna) for training, project meetings and workshops (depending on your availability and interest);
- Great workplace, central office location in a green and quiet area, great city view from our open-space terraces, state-of-the-art working equipment, uncrowded work areas etc.