Senior (5-10 ani)
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
Ubisoft is seeking a Solution Architect to join our IT Department. As part of our team you will define and deliver solid and thoughtful architecture of custom services for Ubisoft’s e-Commerce platform. The role will be a key player which will ensure that the new functionalities implemented meet industry’s best practices and will support business growth and objectives. You will actively interact and support communication related to architecture, development best practices and operations with business community and technical teams.
What you’ll do
- Design performant, highly-scalable and reliable solutions based on the stakeholders’ requirements and industry best practices;
- Review current solutions’ architectures and suggest improvements;
- Collaborate with the technical delivery teams on technical design, delivery, documentation and support;
- Work on key systems like payment gateway, fraud & tax services, subscription services, in-game store and integration with business critical systems like CRM, Order Management System and other;
- Organize and facilitate application technical test plans and technical test cases (including performance tests, load tests, etc.);
- Be an active contributor of technical best practices, code and development standards and ensure adherence to them;
- Keep up-to-date with latest technical trends, propose and conduct R&D projects that would add benefits to the team, act as a technical evangelist to spread the knowledge and gain adoption of new tools/practices within the development teams located in Bucharest and Montreal.
What you’ll bring as experience
- A solid technical background, with at least 10 years’ experience in building web applications and services;
- Experience with PHP and MySQL;
- Demonstrable design experience with RESTful APIs;
- Cloud platform knowledge (AWS);
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration platforms;
- Expertise with scalable systems and understanding of messaging (pub/sub, queues), caching, authentication;
- Expertise with writing efficient MySQL queries and the ability to find and fix slow queries;
- Disciplined approach to design and coding adhering to SOLID OOP principles and Test-Driven Development;
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments.
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Dedicated, ambitious, with good time management and attention to detail.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.