We are hiring a Solution Architect who will bridge the gap between the technical and the business part of the product management team, you will be working closely with the engineering and sales to help customers understand the product as well as to develop new cloud products and improve existing spare no effort to encourage a dynamic environment that supports continuous learning and development, so feel free to bring your heart to work.
What you’ll do at Bigstep:
- Design big data infrastructures for Bigstep customers;
- Support the channel with demos and product information, supporting developers with user requirements and project scheduling and supporting marketing communications with screen shots and technical copywriting;
- Match business case (if needed) with pricing, technical solution, defined requests and client needs;
- Research available technologies in the big data and infrastructure space;
- Recommend new products and improvements to existing ones derived from the research and customer contact;
- Speak fluently business, technology and even marketing so that what is being built is understood by all facets of the business.
What we’re looking for
To give you a little more context about this role and what it means to our company, here’s the real deal onthe person that would be most successful in this role:
- Linux or Windows server administration skills: we are looking for the ability to install a moderately complex application such as Cassandra by following a tutorial and troubleshoot basic issues such as daemons not starting by investigating logs etc.
- 3+ years of technical or professional experience in solution architecture;
- Good grasp of machine learning and data mining: Has done first-hand modeling and prediction using specific tools and structures such as neural nets, genetic algorithms, regression tools, classification fuzzy logics. This experience can come from academia.
- Understand researching methodologies and statistics. The candidate must have a good understanding of how to properly conduct a research study, being it a technical evaluation or a survey. The candidate must be able to distinguish outliers, extrapolate trends and make decisions based on these studies.
- Excellent English skills: we can train fluency but the English grammar is a strict requirement;
- Computer programming experience in any framework is a plus: We are looking for the experience of building a more complex application that involves the development of architecture, having to reconcile design and implementation, working with external libraries and maintaining the code over a : Had developed a java, c# or python application with at least a few thousand lines of code involving object orientated programming.
Being part of an IT startup can be a lot of fun. It offers rewards and responsibilities that are unheard of incorporate environments. It can provide a quick path to the stratosphere of IT, as it has to move a lotquicker and with much less resources. We will offer you the means to evolve, to make a difference withinyour team and perhaps even lead the way.