Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Adresa/ adresele jobului
This position is for Solaris and Network domain that is part of Global Support Service organization (GSS). As a member of the system support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support of Solaris operating System product, to the Oracle global customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales technical customer Service Requests via electronic and phone means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and trouble shooting of Solaris Operating System product.
Collaborate with colleagues on identifying product defects and driving them to resolution following Oracle's support processes.
Close cooperation with other Technical Support groups to resolve highly complex in teroperability issues.
Work with Oracle's Product Engineering groups if needed.
Participate in the early hour-of-day coverage as well as late hour-of-day coverage as warranted.
Participate in the rota for weekend cover.
Display and maintain high level of professionalism all times.
Provide post-sales Solaris and/or networking support to Oracle customers
Display and maintain high level of professional behavior at all times.
Assist in ensuring Oracle Services meet Customer Satisfaction goals.
Work shift patterns including Weekend rota
Provide problem isolation and resolution.
Create knowledge documentation as necessary to assist with possible future problem resolution.
Act as an interface with Support, Sales and Professional Services organizations to ensure proper support delivery is available for customer needs.
Ensure proper implementation of Corporate programs and processes.
Work closely with all levels of customer and external engineers and management on the most complex problems.
Perceived by customers to be the highest level of technical support Oracle Services has to offer
Prioritize workload and advance technical problems where appropriate to the next level of expertise
Effectively prioritize and manage personal list of outstanding customer queries.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Good understanding of the concepts of system architectures, operating systems.
- Knowledge of Linux/Solaris.
- Broad knowledge on additional Oracle products and third party ones.
- Understanding of Operating system performance analysis.
- Knowledge of file systems
- Understanding of Sun's Hardware and Software architecture.
- Ability to read and understand source code.
- Positive attitude to a support role.
- Good team player and communicator working in a global environment.
- Self motivated working style.
- Skills in troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Good customer interaction and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English Language communication skills.
- Additional languages is a plus.
- At least 3 of the following Solaris / Linux technologies:
- Oracle VM Server for Sparc ( former known as LDOM's )
- Installation technologies ( Liveupgrade, Patching, Archives, Image Packaging System, Automated Installer )
- Printing / CUPS
- Service Management Facility
- Ability to write and understand shell script and c-code
- Solaris 11 knowledge and certification is an Advantage