Solaris and Network Support Technical Engineer
Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
This position is for Solaris and Network domain that is part of Global Support Service organization (GSS). As a member of the system support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support of Solaris operating System product, to the Oracle global customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales technical customer Service Requests via electronic and phone means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and trouble shooting of Solaris Operating System product.
- Collaborate with colleagues on identifying product defects and driving them to resolution following Oracle's support processes
- Close cooperation with other Technical Support groups to resolve highly complex interoperability issues.
- Work with Oracle's Product Engineering groups if needed.
- Participate in the early hour-of-day coverage as well as late hour-of-day coverage as warranted.
- Participate in the rota for weekend cover.
- Display and maintain high level of professionalism all times.
- Provide post-sales Solaris and/or networking support to Oracle customers
- Display and maintain high level of professional behavior at all times.
- Assist in ensuring Oracle Services meet Customer Satisfaction goals.
- Work shift patterns including Weekend rota
- Provide problem isolation and resolution.
- Create knowledge documentation as necessary to assist with possible future problem resolution.
- Act as an interface with Support, Sales and Professional Services organizations to ensure proper support delivery is available for customer needs.
- Ensure proper implementation of Corporate programs and processes.
- Work closely with all levels of customer and external engineers and management on the most complex problems.
- Perceived by customers to be the highest level of technical support Oracle Services has to offer
- Prioritize workload and advance technical problems where appropriate to the next level of expertise
- Effectively prioritize and manage personal list of outstanding customer queries.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Good understanding of the concepts of system architectures, operating systems.
- Knowledge of Linux/Solaris.
- Broad knowledge on additional Oracle products and third party ones.
- Understanding of Operating system performance analysis.
- Knowledge of file systems
- Understanding of Sun's Hardware and Software architecture.
- Ability to read and understand source code.
- Positive attitude to a support role.
- Good team player and communicator working in a global environment.
- Self motivated working style.
- Skills in troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Good customer interaction and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English Language communication skills.
- Additional languages is a plus.
- At least 3 of the following Solaris / Linux technologies:
racle VM Server for Sparc ( former known as LDOM'
Installation technologies ( Liveupgrade, Patching, Archives, Image Packaging System, Automated Installer )
Printing / CUPS
Service Management Facility
Ability to write and understand shell script and c-code
- Solaris 11 knowledge and certification is an Advantage