Waters is developing solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world
- Waters Helps Scientists in the Fight Against Cancer
- Waters Helps Ensure The Quality & Safety of Food and Beverages
- Waters Helps Drive Innovation in Chemical Materials
- Waters Helps Scientists manufacture innovation for biodegradable plastics, safer cosmetics and latest consumer electronics
- Waters Leads the way in helping scientists find ground-breaking treatments
As a Software Engineer at Waters Romania (Brasov), you will work on projects critical to our Informatics business needs.
We're looking for creative and innovative engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including data processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. We encourage all our engineers to constantly add value to themselves and the business through learning and collaboration.
We are looking for smart, self-motivated software engineers to join our truly exceptional engineering team.
What can we offer?
Waters is a company providing good employee benefits, including a healthcare package and excellent training & development support. We have a flexible approach to work with opportunities for some remote working, and maintain a friendly, productive working environment.
As a Software technical lead you will:
- Provides a proactive attitude towards team success, demonstrates excellent inter team and department collaboration while adding value where possible with consistent contribution and a shared responsibility for organizational success
- The Lead Software Engineer is the individual who is responsible and accountable for the successful design, execution, and timely delivery of products and product features that are robust, flexible, scalable, secure, and high-quality
- The Lead is also responsible for guiding and mentoring their Product Development Team in all aspects of the development process: agile ceremonies, technology and coding standards, appropriate use of tools and processes, and product quality initiatives
- Creates, maintains, tests, reviews and documents code at high level of quality and focuses on continuous improvement based on metrics
- Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the Quality Policy and all applicable procedures including a team’s definition of done, also contributing to the continuous improvement of the quality process
- Significantly and positively influences the activities of others. Coaches and mentors lower level technical employees.
- Identifies, communicates and offers mitigation of risks
- Builds up and improve the tools and working environment, contributing to continuous integration and continuous delivery efforts
- Looks for ways to improve existing products, showing constant interest in product utilization
- Provides guidance on new technologies and brings them to the attention of others.
- Participates in new candidates interviews and assists management in the hiring decisions
- Adapts to changes in business needs, assesses and supports management with resources allocation and performance monitoring
- 7+ years in software development
- Bachelor’s/Masters' degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Very good knowledge in C#, ASP.NET Core, Web API, Entity Framework, SignalR, SQL Server Angular 2+ (upgrading to 10 now), NATS message broker
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (in English), demonstrate good inter team and department collaboration when required
- Knowledge of UML including ability to create flow diagrams, context diagrams, class models, etc.
- Knowledge of industry standard design principles and engineering for performance
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Ability to acknowledge and assess impact
- Ability to set and follow priorities
- Ability to grow new talent
- Ability to improve results for the informatics business unit by horizontal management of peers
- Ability to influence technical decisions at an inter- and intra-team level.
- Ability to influence evaluation decisions at an inter- and intra-team level by planning and implementing evaluation strategies that balance written requirements, real-world technical limitations, and user expectations.
- Willingness to participate in professional events and grow network both inside and outside of the company.
- Has the ability to teach a variety of complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Interacts directly with and supports management in identifying new opportunities
- English - minimum lower advanced (C1 level), both spoken & written