Bulevardul Aviatorilor, București
GE. Incredible career diversity across disciplines worldwide.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Intelligent Platforms is an experienced high-performance technology company and a global provider of software, hardware, services, and expertise in automation and embedded computing. We offer a unique foundation of agile and reliable technology providing customers a sustainable competitive advantage in the industries they serve, including energy, water, consumer packaged goods, oil & gas, government & defense, and telecommunications.
Main job responsibilities:
- Software applications configuration and installation.
- Software solutions customization.
- Databases installation and configuration.
- Windowsservers configuration.
- Systems implementation and performing the acceptance tests - FAT / SAT (on site, with the client)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post Graduate Degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience;
- Experience in software integration;
- Knowledge of Windows or Linux System Administration;
- Knowledge of SQL Databases;
- Experience with virtual machine and virtualization (VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V);
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP);
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages (Perl / PowerShell / VBScript);
- Basic knowledge of programming languages (C / C++ / C# / Java);
- Good communication in English (both written and spoken);
The following would represent an advantage:
- Experience with SCADA system behavior and operation;
- Knowledge of IECProtocol or other industrial protocols;
- Experience with RDBMS: Oracle, MSSQL Server;
- Troubleshooting skills;
- Rigorous, objective oriented, good communication and reporting skills;
- Able to clearly articulate (in verbal and written forms) a technical direction and plan with the development team;
- Should have the ability and desire to acquire knowledge and information on the latest industry developments.
- Ability to assess and learn emerging tools and technologies and quickly apply them to meet development objectives.