Middle (2-5 ani), Entry (0-2 ani)
Role Description Summary
The Developer designs and develops application code, unit and integration tests in response to business requirements and participate as part of a team on development of Payment Scheme Clearing project.
The Developer defines a technical solution based on business and technical requirements and writes application code to meet the technical solution.
Plans, designs and conducts tests of programs; corrects errors and re-tests to achieve an error-free result.
Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as necessary, estimate implementation effort and documents all work in accordance with agreed standards.
Responsibilities / Tasks
- Performs design reviews, provides input and estimates effort required for implementation
- Designs and implements application components to meet the business requirements and the functional design using IBM WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere MQ and ESQL language in addition to Java/J2EE
- Administration, performance optimisation and monitoring of IBM WebSphere Message Broker and MQ stack
- Defines software components, the integration strategy including rationale, integration environment requirements and determines the product-component integration sequence
- Verifies the developed source code by reviews (4-eyes principle) and unit testing. Software review findings must be resolved
- Integrates software components following the integration strategy
- Creates build, deployment notes and operating instructions
- Provides Level 3 support - maintenance of application by fixing defects/bugs and performs technical change requests scheduled according to Release Management processes.
- The selected candidates will go through an extensive knowledge transfer/training with the PSC product covering the functional and technical sides but also IBM WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere MQ and ESQL language.
- Previous experience with IBM WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere MQ is not mandatory (nice to have).
Experience / Exposure
- Experience in software development with Java technologies
- Knowledge of J2SE and J2EE (Common Packages, Collections, Generics, Threads, Exceptions, JMS)
- Knowledge of Java frameworks/technologies and tools like: Eclipse IDE/Idea IntelliJ , Maven, Git, Subversion, Log4J, JUnit
- Working experience with different RDBMS (preferably Oracle database) and SQL language
- Knowledge of unit testing (JUnit) , build and deployment processes
- Basic knowledge of WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere MQ and ESQL language – nice to have
- Familiar with the standard software design patterns, web application and web services architectures
- Strong analytical skills, able to solve business or production problems
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate technical and non-technical issues
- Highly collaborative, supportive and team player that demonstrates a proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Passion about learning and sharing knowledge and best practices
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrixed organizations
- Fluent English (written/verbal)