Software Engineer for Embedded Systems
Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Recrutez candidati dispusi sa se relocheze
Salariu brut pe luna
2500 - 3200
DEIMOS Space one of the leading companies in the Aerospace sector in Europe, with an extensive portfolio of projects and solutions employed at the European Space Agency and other agencies is looking for a software engineer for embedded and critical systems.
DEIMOS is selecting engineers for its Embedded Systems Competence Centre, forming part of the Flight Systems Business Unit at our Bucharest (ROMANIA) premises.
- The work of the ES Competence Centre is oriented to the specification, design, development and validation of Embedded Software and Hardware systems for space vehicles, including GNC systems, GNSS, Image processing, verification facilities, etc.
The following responsibilities are envisioned:
- Participation in the entire lifecycle of the development of embedded critical software, from its conception to its final validation and qualification
- Participation in the design of safety critical & real-time solutions
- Design and implementation of Software and Firmware solutions
- Development of PIL / HIL verification test-benches and SVF
Required: Engineer with experience of at least 1 or 2 years in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (experience along relevant & PhD studies would also be considered as applicable for the position).
The position will be tailored to the level of experience. Industrial experience in the aerospace sector and/or critical software development will be viewed positively.
The following capabilities are required for the post:
- Solid theoretical background in: Software engineering, real-time software
- Good programming skills (C, C++, plus potentially others as Python or Ada) and knowledge of software configuration control (GIT, SVN, CI).
- Practical experience in multithread applications, at least in one real-time operating system (RTEMS, VxWorks, FreeRTOS, etc.) on an embedded computer architecture (LEON, ARM, PowerPC, etc.)
- Capable of generating project documentation, developing specifications and design, software development plans and other engineering documentation
Desired: Experience in some of the following fields is desired but not indispensable:
- Practical experience in development of embedded systems as . ESA/European programmes, Automotive/Railway, or any demonstrable experience in safety critical or real time software development
Appreciated: Experience in any of the following would be viewed positively:
- Practical experience in the development or use of PIL / HIL and SVF platforms
- Knowledge of critical software development standards (DO178, ECSS, etc.)
- Practical experience in communication buses, drivers and protocols (Bus CAN,, SpaceWire, Serial line, LVDS, and associated communication protocols)
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and Mathworks® Embedded Coder
- Knowledge or practical experience in Hypervisors, Multi-core computers, Multi-core software applications, Time and Space Partitioning.
Required: A recognized engineering degree (Computer Sciences, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications) or a related degree (. Aerospace) with demonstrable experience in computer systems and software engineering.
Appreciated: Postgraduate studies ( or ) with a focus on software engineering, real-time software or FPGA design
- Career development in the Aerospace sector. You will be part of an international team that defines how the aerospace sector/programs will look for the next decades;
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home;
- Training programs in-line with the Aerospace sector requirements;
- Team-buildings, meal tickets, fruits;
- Very nice office located in Piata Victoriei.