We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. We are looking for a colleague that is up to the challenge of working behind the scenes of one of the most frequently installed applications in the world in order to improve our customers’ experience.
The MBM team’s mission is to help Amazon deliver the best mobile shopping experience. We own client and server side components that measure the mobile customers’ behavior (. interactions, browsing patterns, application performance) and that accelerate innovation by providing native mobile A/B testing. Our low overhead software runs on millions of devices all over the globe, recording and transmitting billions of analytics events that are handled by our distributed back-end services which serve thousands of requests per second.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
· Proficiency in object oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts
· Engineering experience in backend systems
· 2+ years’ experience in Java and/or Objective C
· Firm understanding of software development principles
· Affinity for native mobile development for Android platform
· Mobile expertise - building mobile consumer applications on Android platforms is a plus
· Ability to quickly grasp technologies and technical challenges
· Sharp analytical abilities
· Experience in e-commerce retail industry is a plus
As a Software Development Engineer you will build highly optimized software that instruments mobile applications and reliably collects user interaction, operating system and application events. You will frequently run A/B test experiments to improve the performance of the system. You will work with other internal teams for integrating and extending our solutions for other use cases in various mobile apps (including Amazon’s own revolutionary devices). You will own the back-end services that serve needs of the mobile libraries, ensuring both sides of the solution work in sync and are integrated in Amazon’s infrastructure.
Your work will include designing and developing high quality maintainable code, communicating issues and technical roadblocks effectively, navigating through a large complex codebase, researching and providing conclusions & suggestions.