Software Development senior Manager
Executive (>10 ani)
The Director, Software Development will continuously develop and maintain a highly scalable platform with performance and This position collaborates with global Development and Product Management teams to drive results while managing multiple parallel projects simultaneously, owning people development (learning) and utilization.
- Drive rigorous and regular product releases across the software product
- Implement engineering management strategies to achieve world-class productivity and cost efficiency
- Engage with customers and product managers to ensure that product delivery obsessively aligns with customer value creation
- Transform existing teams of engineers, architects & development managers into a highly effective engineering function, including reorganizing talent as needed
- Engage and align top talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, hands-on architectural leadership and career management
- Work closely with Chief Architect to ensure constant upgrading of technical platform to stay current with modern technology
- Deliver and refine the technology strategy, financial planning, establish delivery plans and oversee the execution and delivery of program objectives.
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership related to a wide range of applications and systems.
- Set the vision for an environment of ingenuity and creativity and act as a role model for others in challenging the status quo to encourage innovation.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 15+ years engineering experience leading teams to develop customer facing software products
- 5+ years in a technology management position leading a team of at least 25+ contributors
- 8+ years in hands-on Java architecture and programming in a hands-on development & individual contributor role
- 5+ years of experience with various Java 2ee patterns
- Experienced in leading and delivering large projects from concept to implementation including selecting talent and planning/allocating resources across multiple geographies and functions.
- Proven track record building high-performance teams and scalable best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (MS or . preferred)
Tangoe reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Tangoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
- The role has a high focus on people management along side with product releases. What do you find most challenging in managing teams?
- How familiar are you with the Agile methodology?
- Would you say a good manager should focus more on deliverables or people?