At the Amazon Development Center, Bucharest, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), we work on global-scale compute platforms, with special focus on serverless & container virtualization technologies, trusted compute, and server fleet tooling for AWS EC2. As a part of the EC2 Kernel and Operating System organization, we invent, own, and drive the building blocks that are the foundation of the cloud.
We are looking for a passionate, customer-focused, self-driven software development manager to join the organization working on the high-performance virtual machine monitors, hypervisor security systems, and the system management software building blocks that power AWS. You will own a team that feels like a start-up, deliver value to AWS internal and external customers, grow a group of very talented engineers, create new products and services, and innovate as part of a vibrant and fast-growing company.
In this role, you will work on Firecracker , an open source virtualization technology that is purpose-built for creating and managing secure, multi-tenant container and function-based services that provide serverless operational models. Firecracker is already the basis of AWS Lambda and AWS Fargate , while other teams such as Kata Containersand Weaveworks have used Firecracker to enable Kubernetes pods to be isolated within microVMs. Firecracker has an ambitious roadmap of continued innovation in the quickly expanding serverless container and function space, all of it built out of the Amazon Development Center, Bucharest - come help us make history!
Your main goal will be to create customer value. You will: work to understand our customers' needs, then envision, fund, and drive the goals and projects to meet them; grow a team of highly talented and motivated builders; enact mechanisms to ensure engineering quality and operational excellence; and contribute new ideas to grow the AWS serverless business. You will also be a steward of the Firecracker open source project, and tell the Firecracker open source story to the world.
· Proven end-to-end delivery of a new product or service while in a team leadership role.
· Proficient in people management and project management, skilled in product management.
· At least 3 years of management experience, as well as 3+ years of previous working experience as an engineer in the information technology field, or equivalent experience.
· Good working understanding of computer architecture and distributed systems architecture.
· Proven end-to-end delivery of several new products or services while in a team leadership role.
· Expert in people management and project management, proficient in product management.
· At least 5 years of management experience, as well as 3+ years of previous working experience as an engineer in the information technology field, or equivalent experience.
· Proficient working understanding of computer architecture and distributed systems architecture.
· Good working understanding of Linux networking and OS fundamentals, as well as the typical Linux toolbox of open source software development and administration tools.
· Passionate about working with the open source community and skilled in public speaking.