Software Development Manager
Senior (5-10 ani), Executive (>10 ani)
6 Strada Maria Rosetti, București
Acest job nu mai este activ.
Smartx Net Apps is looking for a Software Development Manager. Our company, and its international partners, is an innovative leader in areas such as:
- VR Technology
- Live Streaming
- Graph Databases
- Mobile Application Development
- Instant Messaging Platforms
- Payments system
- High traffic and low latency applications
With products used by millions of people daily that must be available 24/7 this represents a huge challenge and learning opportunity for the right person.
We have a well-structured organization, and we keep an engineering culture based on code-reviews and unit-tests. We use Scrum as a methodology and have implemented a mature Agile process.
In our Bucharest office we offer a creative workplace focused on teamwork, product quality, and fun atmosphere. We have a very nice and comfortable downtown office, with a break area, outside space, fruits and different daily snacks. Flexible working hours are provided to support your work-life balance.
If this sounds like a place for you, continue reading and apply today!
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Software Development Manager leads the Development Department. He will interface with multiple stakeholders, contractors, subcontractors on a regular basis to maintain good client relations and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Manages the Programming team and various other specialists and contractors;
- Participates in Director level meetings across the organization, setting OKR’s and project details;
- Oversees the current technology and creates relevant policy to align technology-related decisions with the company's goals;
- Stays up-to-date with market standards and ensures adherence to software development methodologies and standards/procedures;
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and supports integration of best practices in system delivery;
- Monitors technology and social trends that could impact the company;
- Serves as a technical expert representative across teams, clients and the information technology industry;
- Provides the company with expert opinions and offers technical support across practices;
- Oversees the periodical deploys and takes the responsibility for the activities of the department supervised;
- Works closely with all the involved teams to ensure the smooth launch of new code updates or additions;
- Participates in sourcing, selection and training of additional staff members;
- Mitigates team conflicts and communication problems;
- Sets clear objectives for the development staff and clear metrics to track the performance (KPIs);
- Makes sure the products are released according to Definition of Done (DoD);
- Sets development quality standards;
- Gives periodical feedback, guides supervised personnel and makes suggestions for improvement;
- Performs annual reviews and ensures compliance of processes, procedures and regulations;
- Builds team effectiveness by maintaining open lines of communication with employees and creates an environment where innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goals;
- Mentors technical staff and other specialists supervised;
- Establishes compensation, training, short and long-term goals;
- Decides and facilitates local environments, tools and any devices needed for delivering high quality products;
- Act as a role-model, ensure proper communication etiquette, and demonstrate professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all work related interactions;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge up-to-date;
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field;
- 6-10 of working experience in software development industry, with focus on software design & development;
- At least 3 years experience as a lead engineer, engineering manager and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in Agile Development environment;
- Comfortable in English (spoken and written).
- Strong leadership, decision-making and collaboration skills, with a can-do attitude;
- Ability to make evaluative judgments, to manage and motivate staff;
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- In-depth knowledge of general accepted IT industry tools and processes;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology;
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Self-directed, able to manage multiple projects, flexible, and able to work with ambiguity.
We compensate your achievements and commitment with:
- Very competitive salary;
- Private medical plan - Business Plan at MedLife Clinic;
- Trainings & career development programs – in the country and abroad;
- Meal vouchers (maximum value) and well-stocked micro-kitchen in the office;
- Relaxing massage at the office;
- Free access to different sports fields – football, tennis – and friendly teammates to play with;
- Performance reviews and compensation based on your results, performance based bonus structure;
- Team buildings and company events – we find reasons to celebrate! It could be about our wins, birthdays, or simply for having good time together.