Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
Are you interested in automatically customizing every Amazon experience for every customer on any device? Do you enjoy corralling massive amounts of distributed data to create meaningful information? Do you think targeting should be more than just advertising? If these things appeal to you, then the Customer Targeting org is for you! We are seeking experienced software engineers to help us change the game on how the world thinks of targeted content and tackle problems that haven’t been solved yet.
Customer Targeting matches content to customers across all of Amazon's businesses and channels. Our systems operate at a massive scale and rely heavily on data aggregation, data mining, and machine learning. These techniques allow us to provide a high degree of accuracy in getting the right content to the right customer - and driving significant increases in our business objectives as a result.
Cross-Channel Targeting and Privacy team, as part of Customer Targeting org, builds systems that provide cross-channel near real-time targeting feedback. The team also handles the customer privacy initiatives for the Targeting systems. Being part of the team, you can choose your scaling challenges: work on systems built for high throughput, low latency that provide near real-time targeting feedback, or on systems that operate on petabytes of data.
The ideal candidate for this has excellent problem-solving skills, a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, a customer-focused mindset, and a proven track record of on-time delivery. They are familiar with service-oriented architectures, and distributed data and services.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java
· Web Development knowledge both client and server side
· Experience in using SQL to analyze data in a database or data warehouse and be able to use a major programming (. Java/C) or a scripting language (Perl, R, Unix shell) to process data for modeling
· Ability to take a project from scoping through launch
· Experience building large-scale multi-tiered distributed systems.
· Knowledge of professional software development lifecycle engineering practices including coding standards, code review practices, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others. Summarize key insights of complex solutions for technical and non-technical audiences (colleagues from computer science, machine learning and business backgrounds, as well as senior management decision-makers).
· Demonstrated experience with large data sets and MapReduce are a strong plus. We break down our problems into chunks of terabytes.
· Advanced degree in Computer Science with a strong Mathematical background