With sales of €39. 2 billion in, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215k employees in 55 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than, 4k employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Software Developer for Powertrain HEV (Iasi)
The Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) represents the “greenest”, most economically feasible option of personal transportation currently available on the market. It combines an internal combustion engine and an electric motor, providing high fuel economy, improved drivability and reduced emissions. The hybrid electrical vehicles are becoming more and more attractive also because the advancement of new battery technology that have higher power and energy density.
As a member of our HEV software development team, you will be involved in the defining the future of those new innovative products, that not only make driving more affordable and environmentally sound, but also work towards our department vision: zero-emission mobility.
In Iasi location, HEV software development activities are focused on: microcontroller drivers, communication services (CAN/LIN/SPI), Voltage Stabilization System, safety management functions (SMF), high level interface (HLI), software for hardware test and base development software for current and cell supervision sensors.
The working model could include varied tasks in all above areas from a hybrid electrical vehicle, or a specialization in a certain field of activity
As a Software Developer in our group, you will:
• develop embedded software in interdisciplinary project teams at international level;
• follow company standards applicable in all SW development phases (requirements,
• regularly report the status of development to your direct manager;
• cooperate within our international development teams and synchronize with our internal customers.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
• University degree in a relevant field (. Computer science, Electronics and Telecommunication...)
• Programming skills in ANSI C
• Knowledge of electronics and microcontrollers
• Knowledge of real time systems (operating systems, tasks)
• Mathlab Simulink is a real advantage
• Good level of English
What we offer
• Integration Program in a Professional, Young & Dynamic Team
• Competitive Salaries & Benefits
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Health & Wellness