Software developer - Dublin
- Contribute to the design, development, troubleshooting, tests and documentation of select software libraries, at appropriate quality levels, and timely. These functions include the remediation of the software libraries.
- Follow group development practices and policies in order to produce the software libraries that can easily be implemented within Eurofins Group.
- Use sound software engineering practices and state-of-art development methodologies – so-called Agile – so as to ensure superior quality.
- Create and maintain level 3 technical and operational documentation that describes software libraries code, logic, changes, and corrections for assigned functions.
- Provide continued level 3 support for software libraries.
- Ensure follow-up to his Manager on a regular basis and as often as requested.
- At the beginning, acquire rapidly a working knowledge of the libraries. Then, deepen that knowledge on a continuous basis, guided by the most pressing needs of assigned functions.
- Develop appropriate working relationships with IT and non-IT target groups in Eurofins.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
- Timely delivery of expected work products.
- Quality of the design, code and documentation of direct contributions.
Advanced experience in Software Development/Engineering (2 years or more).
- Strong background in Software Development/Engineering.
- Strong background in Object-Oriented design, programming, and frameworks (experience in the use of frameworks is required, frameworks development is a plus). Working knowledge of .NET or later, and of at least ASP.NET and C#. Knowledge of ASP.NET MVC would be a plus.
- Confirmed experience using Design Patterns and Best Coding Practices.
- Experience with User Interface Design.
- Experience with SQL databases programming. Working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008 is a plus.
- Working knowledge of XML, web services or message oriented middlewares is a plus.
- Prior experience in industrial settings, and especially with Laboratory processes, is a plus.
Note: the candidate must be prepared to be challenged on any required capabilities during interviews.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of at least one Agile methodology (mainstream or organization specific).
- Working knowledge and practice of test-driven development.
- Working knowledge of UML is a plus.