Software Developer for ADAS Simulation Platform (Iasi)
Passionate about software but also interested in smart cars?
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Developer in order to accelerate and improve the development and validation of driving functions algorithms and advanced control systems for safe mobility and partly/highly automated driving.
Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety. One research and development branch inside Continental - Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) - contributes to this vision through:
• Safety Driving functions that are able to detect safety critical situations by different means and support the driver’s inputs by either assisting interventions of . brakes, engine or steering or even by active control of those actuators.
• Cruising Driving functions that provide a comfort increase through the automation of the normal driving task (eg Lane Keeping Assist, Automated Cruise Control).
• Maneuvering systems that address safety as well as an increasing automation of the parking task.
Within our team you can contribute to the development of SiL simulation solutions, capable of virtually integrating software and system components and rapidly validating scenarios over thousands of kilometers.
Do you want to join our Virtual Simulation Team? These should spark your interest:
• Develop Simulation environments for algorithm development/testing in ADAS Driving Functions and ADCU system projects.
• Integrate IPG CarMaker, ECU code, vehicle models and Continental proprietary tools.
• Develop advanced simulation components and simulation models.
• Develop automation solutions for continuous testing in a virtual environment.
• Support counterparts in the planning and effort estimation.
• Document deliverables, ensuring configuration management and project/test management reporting.
• Collaborate with an international development team and customers.
• Knowledge sharing within the team and group.
A mentor will support you to gradually take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization
.You can be a perfect match to our team if you have:
• Graduated in a relevant field (Automatics and Computer Science, Electronics, Electrotechnics or Telecommunications,);
• Good programming skills in C/ C++.
• Gained at least one year of relevant professional experience in the field of software development and integration.
• Knowledge or experience in the following areas it’s a plus: scripting languages (Python etc), modeling (Matlab Simulink), Unity engine, automotive systems, embedded systems, electronics, communication protocols, SW configuration and change management.
• Good English writing, reading and speaking;
• Good analytical reasoning, practical problem solving approach and ability to understand complex systems.
What we offer
• Flexible working time;
• 4 days per month home office;
• Competitive salaries & benefits;
• Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities, Canteen etc.);
• Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
• A mentor for the integration period
• Professional development opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
• International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety division develops, produces and markets intelligent systems to improve driving safety and vehicle dynamics. Integral active and passive safety technologies and products that support vehicle dynamics provide greater safety, comfort and convenience. The goal here is to implement “Vision Zero,” the vision of accident-free driving.