Software Configuration Engineer
Senior (5-10 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
Acest job nu mai este activ.
Worldpay is an international leader in payments processing technology servicing all types of businesses – big and small, online and traditional retail outlets. Worldpay became a public company in 2015, listing on the FTSE 100, and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Worldpay’s global footprint sets them apart with more than 5000 colleagues in 25 locations worldwide.
Worldpay has a long-standing partnership with Endava and the partnership will continue beyond a talent pool to create a fintech hub in Bucharest. The hub will create a wealth of skills and technical capability in one of the fastest growing cities in Romania.
The fintech hub is meant to create a new high-calibre location for Group Technology and Engineering (GTE). GTE is structured around the design, build and maintenance of innovative systems, products and services. GTE works in partnership with customer-facing teams to innovate and build reliable and secure products and services across many industries.
Role Description Summary
Hands-on Engineer in both the NAP DevOps Tooling and Configuration Management disciplines. Supporting development and activities through administration of the SCM tools and responding to support requests raised in JIRA.
As part of the SCM activities, the role also includes but is not limited to, ensuring all project source materials are maintained within the Source Control library - including software source code and relevant project artefacts - and the administration of the Source Control tools providing maintenance and troubleshooting when necessary.
Responsibilities / Tasks
- JIRA administration including creating projects, configuring workflows, issue types and fields, assigning permissions, helping users with boards and filters
- Git and Gerrit administration including creating projects, creating branches, troubleshooting user issues
- Jenkins administration including creating build and deploy jobs, troubleshooting build issues, configuration of pipelines
- Administration of Confluence, Nexus and Sonar
- Monitoring the SCM backlog in JIRA, responding to and resolving support requests related to the above tools
- Responding to Nagios alerts from the SCM tool servers
- Evaluation of new versions of the tools, planning and implementation of tool upgrades
Match your profile Experience - Essential
- 4-5 years of experience in information systems operations environment and Software configuration management activities
- Solid DevOps experience of 2+ years.
- Solid Experience of source code management and build tools such as GIT, SVN, Gerrit & Jenkins
- Solid Experience with tools & technologies such as : Jira, Nexus, Sonar, Confluence, Maven
- Experience of establishing DevOps processes and tooling
- Experience in supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and setting up pipelines
- System administration experience, OS: Linux/ Unix
- Familiar with Configuration Management concepts, build framework design and architecture
- Genuine enthusiasm for excellence in design coupled with an appropriate level of delivery pragmatism
- Confident in applying analytical skills for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Full life-cycle knowledge (design through delivery and support), Developing and improving CM standards, practices and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines
Skills and Abilities - Essential
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, Nexus, Sonar, Veracode
- Experience using SQL database
- Good experience with common scripting languages including Bash/Shell, Python, groovy
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss support requests with customers and analyse the case for implementation
- Candidate must be detail oriented, able to write clear and concise documentation and be able to work as part of a team, or independently. Strong analytical, organizational and communications skills, troubleshooting.
- Achieving excellence by leading from example and demonstrating a ‘can do’ positive attitude and approach
- Positive, strong and robust work ethic, taking pride in professionalism, responsibility and highly proactive approach to activity and a keen understanding of issues
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrixed organizations
- Fluent English (written/verbal)