București, Cluj-Napoca, Craiova, Arad
With sales of €34. 5 billion in 2014, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently has approximately 200k employees in 53 countries. Information management is at the very heart of the Interior Division, which provides a range of products that includes instrument clusters and multifunctional displays, control units, electronic car-entry systems, tire-monitoring systems, radios, multimedia and navigation systems, climate control systems, telematics solutions and cockpit modules and systems.
Software Architect for HMI Multimedia I IC TSR
The Software Architect defines concepts and describes Software Architecture in a project or a platform project based on the requirements defined by the customer or a customer project. As a Software Architect you will have to decompose the product into components, defines the interfaces, dynamic behavior and resource consumption target and gives guidance for software design, implementation and test.
Project Software Architecture Responsibilities:
- Elaborate and define product and platform concepts during envision-, RFI-, RFQ- and development-phases based on defined requirements and constraints;
- Consider different alternatives for the architecture and select the best one based on defined criteria;
- Define, design and describe the product-specific architecture in a modular, maintainable and portable way (. SW-Architecture Development and Design, Rhapsody Model, Drawings);
- Own the specifications of interface between 2 elements; consider the upstream/downstream interfaces of the product;
- Define and break down memory and performance requirements;
- Make sure that product architecture meets requirements with respect to functionality, performance, quality and schedule;
- Support the problem resolution process;
- Take part in the relevant project planning and estimation process;
- Work together with other architects to ensure the whole product performs according to requirements;
- Prepare and support architectural solutions for the Decision Board in case of Change Requests, which require an architectural modification;
- Establish and maintain traceability between requirements and architecture;
- Inspect the traceability within design, implementation and test;
- Analyze architectural problems, define risks and manage resolutions;
- Support the quotation phase together with quote manager;
- Represent the project technically in reviews with customer (design & issues).
Software Domain Responsibility
- Ensure high degree of re-usability and identify synergies across projects;
- Set up general rules and guidelines for design and development (. communications mechanism, error handling, etc.);
- Coach other software architects;
- Follow all standards for working methods & quality;
- Perform reviews of software architecture and participate in software design and code reviews.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
All you need is:
- 4-5 years of experience in Software Development and Design;
- Advanced skill in Object Oriented Programming (C++), Design Patterns, UML, Versioning Control (examples: ClearCase, CMSynergy, SVN, GIT);
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux;
- Advanced English knowledge;
- Work experience in Agile development (Scrum, Kanban);
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Would be nice to have:
- Work experience in the automotive or consumer electronics industry, preferable in a variety of functions;
- Qt framework;
- Advanced Linux Programming;
- Software development process knowledge;
- Product Life Cycle knowledge.
What we offer
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
- Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
- Relocation Package for non-Timisoara/ Iasi Residents