With sales of €44 billion in, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240k employees in 61 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 46k people worldwide and generated sales of €9. 3 billion in 2017.
Smart Applications Engineer: Collaborative robots and Automation
Check out your daily tasks:
* Conduct research on innovative production systems;
* Analyze the current production systems and conducting benchmark studies;
* Joining the on-going projects with central teams and partner universities about industrial automation, Factory , Smart Factory;
* Keep current with technology trends, relevant academic research, software, hardware skills and tools;
* Find and test new technologies and concepts;
* Implement new production systems in our plant;
* Analyze the challenges of our Plant;
* Defines product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms;
* Define start-up projects based on innovative solutions and concepts;
* Develop prototypes to demonstrate the feasibility and functionality of your concepts;
* Connect and combine different technologies (CoBots, aAGVs, sensors, PLC devices);
* Coordinate plant level projects, following roadmaps and milestones;
* Coordinate with internal and cross division teams;
* Provide consultation on complex projects;
* Support manufacturing engineers to apply the new defined production processes.
Besides being awesome, you need to have:
* Engineering degree (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or automotive engineering) with a focus on production system engineering/ automation engineering;
* Several years professional experience in manufacturing industry and additionally knowledge about industrial automation;
* Good knowledge in mechanical, pneumatic and electrical components;
* Good knowledge in mechanical design (Solidworks);
* Basic programming skills (C# / VB, .Net, Python, Java, Perl) could be a plus;
* Passion for innovation;
* Very good judgment ability;
* High analytical thinking;
* Have a sense of strong self-direction, experience working in distributed teams and good communication skills;
* Project management and coordination abilities.
We will do our best so you can be your best! Your environment is important to us – so we make sure your team is beyond cool. Based on the values that define us, here are the extras we have:
* Pay for Performance;
* Relocation Package;
* Flexible Working Time; Mobile Work; Sabbatical Leave;
* Personalized Development & Training Programs;
* System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
* Kindergarten on Site for Continental Employees' Children Only;
* Health Management Programs & Medical Room on Site;
* Health Insurance Services & Travel Insurance Policy;
* Restaurant Concept & Coffee Corner on Site;
* Other benefits to enjoy after-work and community projects.
Continental in Romania In the time frameContinental invested about € 1. 4 billion in its Romanian operations. All the corporation’s five divisions are represented in Romania. Continental has seven production units and four research and development centers in the cities of Timisoara, Sibiu, Carei, Nadab, Brasov and Iasi. Continental cooperates in a joint venture in Slatina and has a tire distribution center in Bucharest. Continental employed 19. 7k colleagues by the end of, out of which over 5. 7k are engineers and IT specialist working in the R&D centers. Continental will hire this year over 1k new employees in Romania.
Continental in Sibiu Continental has invested more than 320 million euros in Sibiu since 2004. Here are annually produced about 33 million electronic control units. Among the products developed, tested and manufactured in Sibiu are intelligent braking systems, driver assistance systems or acceleration pedals that limit the speed in case of obstacle detection. Continental Sibiu has more than 3. 8k employees, of which 1k are engineers in the R & D center and over 300 are engineers in the production area. Together, they combine knowledge in software and hardware development, experience in design and simulation, innovation in artificial intelligence, big data and production processes.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.