Site Reliability Engineer
Entry (0-2 ani)
At METRO SYSTEMS ROMANIA we build the software and digital solutions that powers one of the biggest retailers in the world, Metro Cash&Carry.
The One Platform Reliability Engineering team's goal is to maintain and continuously improve the customer experience in order to achieve an optimal balance between high reliability, scalability and resilience of the software product. We do this by: developing continuous monitoring and self healing techniques, mitigating common issues, providing transparency about alerts and incident resolution, ensuring that the post-mortem analysis is conducted. A typical reliability engineer also builds tools to help in the automation of recurrent issues and ensures that the points raised towards the product development teams are implemented.
We’re currently looking for enthusiastic, dedicated, motivated colleagues who are familiar with running mission critical applications and who can help us improving the reliability of our products.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is innovative and passionate about technology and programming;
- Has gained some coding experience in several programming languages by contributing to open source projects/participating at hackatons;
- Has good knowledge of data structures and algorithms;
- Has good Linux knowledge;
- Is comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
The skills you’ll need:
- Experience with Linux/Kubernetes/Docker containers;
- Knowledge of microservices architectural principles, with a focus on RESTful APIs;
- Ability to code in programming languages Bash, Python, Go or Java;
- Knowledge of web security and networking with an understanding of protocols and services like TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, DNS, LDAP, Load balancing.
You’re a great fit for us if you:
- Have the ability to communicate with users and other technical teams;
- Have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive;
- Have a good sense of humor;
- Are always thinking “What happens if this fails?”;
- Can work independently and is self-motivated but thrives as part of a team.
What benefits you'll have:
- Flexible working time;
- Minibus transfer for the daily commuting to work;
- Possibility to work from home;
- Lunch tickets;
- Health and life insurance;
- Private pension;
- Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Trainings (technical, soft skills, business, English);
- Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation;
- Gift vouchers;
- Fitness centers discounts;
- Sports activities & other company events;
- Relaxation area;
- Chair Massage;
- Free Bookster account;
- and…fresh orange juice, free coffee, fresh fruits.